2019 MVC Recruits

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 20685
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: 2019 MVC Recruits

Post by tribecalledquest » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:13 pm

Updated as Evansville got a commitment from 6-9 Pitt transfer Peace Ilegomah.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

real fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6314
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Re: 2019 MVC Recruits

Post by real fan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:07 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:35 am
Braves4Life wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:08 am
tribecalledquest wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:01 pm
One VERY important thread to remember.

Illinois Wolves AAU Director - Mike Mullins
Loyola Top Assistant - Bryan Mullins (Mike's son)
Loyola Commit - Thomas Welch's AAU Team - Illinois Wolves
Loyola Commit - Marquise Kennedy's AAU Team - Illinois Wolves

See a pattern :)
It explains a big reason for why Wardle has had to look outside the state of Illinois for top mid-major level talent... and I'm fine with that. Wardle has been able to exploit similar inside connections elsewhere for his benefit.
Exactly. See Indiana Elite AAU.
So far the recruits we have gotten from Indiana Elite so far have not measured up to their hype. We need a top asst. coach with better connections in this region. I understand that an asst. or two would have to go but from what I see it has to happen in order for Bradley to get better players. Face it what player from Ind. Elite has made any difference for us in wins?

User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 20685
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: 2019 MVC Recruits

Post by tribecalledquest » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:12 pm

Missouri State JUCO commit Gaige Prim is rated the #5 JUCO recruit in the country and is averaging 22 and 13. Dana Ford has and will get players.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

real fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6314
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Re: 2019 MVC Recruits

Post by real fan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:34 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:12 pm
Missouri State JUCO commit Gaige Prim is rated the #5 JUCO recruit in the country and is averaging 22 and 13. Dana Ford has and will get players.
He always does which is why they hired him. He might be a inexperienced head coach but he understands how to bring in very talented players. I only wish we had been smarter 4 years ago and hired him at Bradley.

User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 20685
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: 2019 MVC Recruits

Post by tribecalledquest » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:15 pm

I updated the list with transfers that are sitting out and who will be eligible next year. As we saw this year--these guys play much bigger roles right away than most freshmen recruits. There are 11 total as of now - SIU, Bradley and UNI are the three schools without one.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 18577
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:37 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: 2019 MVC Recruits

Post by SaintLouBrave22 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:23 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:15 pm
I updated the list with transfers that are sitting out and who will be eligible next year. As we saw this year--these guys play much bigger roles right away than most freshmen recruits. There are 11 total as of now - SIU, Bradley and UNI are the three schools without one.

It used to be that JuCo recruits were harder to pinpoint and missed with more regularity. I think it is really starting to balance out.


Just look at how many of our 4-yr players over the last dozen years have not only stayed, but also reached the potential that was anticipated.

I'd venture to guess that number sits on one hand.
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---

User avatar
pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 4857
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:15 pm
Location: Columbia, MO

Re: 2019 MVC Recruits

Post by pndbaseball12 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:16 pm

SaintLouBrave22 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:23 pm
tribecalledquest wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:15 pm
I updated the list with transfers that are sitting out and who will be eligible next year. As we saw this year--these guys play much bigger roles right away than most freshmen recruits. There are 11 total as of now - SIU, Bradley and UNI are the three schools without one.

It used to be that JuCo recruits were harder to pinpoint and missed with more regularity. I think it is really starting to balance out.


Just look at how many of our 4-yr players over the last dozen years have not only stayed, but also reached the potential that was anticipated.

I'd venture to guess that number sits on one hand.
So for an even 10 years since 2008-2009 season(counting freshmen) here are the freshmen recruits period that lasted all 4 years:

Taylor Brown
Sticks
DSE
Jake Eastman
Milos
Prosser
Walt
KDB
Nate Wells
Donte
DLO
Luuk
Pittman

So in 10 seasons we have had 13 players total make it all 4 years. Of those 13, the only ones that were any kind of true success are: Donte, Walt, DSE?, and Taylor Brown. So 4 in 10 years that I would call impact players is a pretty awful ratio.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda

User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 20685
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: 2019 MVC Recruits

Post by tribecalledquest » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:43 am

This list is now updated with Reink Mast.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

PH
All World
All World
Posts: 3036
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:58 am

Re: 2019 MVC Recruits

Post by PH » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:21 pm


JMM28
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3700
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:55 am

Re: 2019 MVC Recruits

Post by JMM28 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:03 am

PH wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:21 pm
That guy seems pretty normal. His brother did the same thing. Strange stuff. Whatever happened to Charles Payton? Is he at juco somewhere?

deejay
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5009
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:16 pm
Location: Morton, Illinois

Re: 2019 MVC Recruits

Post by deejay » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:02 pm

ISU seemed to back away last year when he had issues, does SIU back away this time? As I recall, his brother transferred to Oly for his senior year and lived with his dad?
go cubs go!

quince

Re: 2019 MVC Recruits

Post by quince » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:29 pm

deejay wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:02 pm
ISU seemed to back away last year when he had issues, does SIU back away this time? As I recall, his brother transferred to Oly for his senior year and lived with his dad?
Man, if ISU is backing away, he must be really messed up.

Correct, Charles played at Oly his senior year. I think he moved in with his dad once he turned 18.

User avatar
shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 4557
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:03 pm

Re: 2019 MVC Recruits

Post by shaunguth » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:15 pm

quince wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:29 pm
deejay wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:02 pm
ISU seemed to back away last year when he had issues, does SIU back away this time? As I recall, his brother transferred to Oly for his senior year and lived with his dad?
Man, if ISU is backing away, he must be really messed up.
Right....that kid must be really messed up. :roll:
"There's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense."

quince

Re: 2019 MVC Recruits

Post by quince » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:25 pm

shaunguth wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:15 pm
quince wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:29 pm
deejay wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:02 pm
ISU seemed to back away last year when he had issues, does SIU back away this time? As I recall, his brother transferred to Oly for his senior year and lived with his dad?
Man, if ISU is backing away, he must be really messed up.
Right....that kid must be really messed up. :roll:
Right....that kid must be really messed up.

real fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6314
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Re: 2019 MVC Recruits

Post by real fan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:47 pm

deejay wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:02 pm
ISU seemed to back away last year when he had issues, does SIU back away this time? As I recall, his brother transferred to Oly for his senior year and lived with his dad?
He is not signed and Hinson more then likely will not be at SIU so my guess is ISU as they have no rules and Payton obviously does not like rules.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BeBrave, Bluejaygrad03, BradleyBrave, bufan39 and 18 guests