Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
User avatar
dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 10829
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:49 pm

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by dogsrus » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:54 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:00 am
Ville > Alex Hemenway.
Question or statement....????
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

OrangeandBlack74
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:32 am
Location: East Peoria/Peoria

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by OrangeandBlack74 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:27 am

dogsrus wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:54 am
tribecalledquest wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:00 am
Ville > Alex Hemenway.
Question or statement....????
Looks like a statement to me.
Once a Brave...Always a Brave

User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 19961
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by tribecalledquest » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:33 am

dogsrus wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:54 am
tribecalledquest wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:00 am
Ville > Alex Hemenway.
Question or statement....????
Statement. In my expert opinion at least 😀
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
bcg
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:42 pm

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by bcg » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:18 am

What a month of recruiting. I don't know anything about any of these four guys except highlight videos, but I'm happy.

User avatar
shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 4077
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:03 pm

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by shaunguth » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:03 pm

squirrel wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:56 pm
Verbal Commits does not list any other offers...
Well.....that can't be good!

Looking forward to watching this guy play!
"There's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense."

User avatar
shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 4077
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:03 pm

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by shaunguth » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:05 pm

bcg wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:18 am
What a month of recruiting. I don't know anything about any of these four guys except highlight videos, but I'm happy.
Same here. Extremely happy with what we have on paper!
"There's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense."

User avatar
dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 10829
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:49 pm

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by dogsrus » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:49 pm

squirrel wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:40 pm
The real question is: Can he finish?
Can he or IS he..... :joker
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

User avatar
Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 8200
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:56 pm
Location: The Gate City
Contact:

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by Braves4Life » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:11 pm

dogsrus wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:49 pm
squirrel wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:40 pm
The real question is: Can he finish?
Can he or IS he..... :joker
Image
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"

Image

deejay
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 4862
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:16 pm
Location: Morton, Illinois

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by deejay » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:32 pm

We are going smaller, but the video shows he can shoot. I like the choice.
go cubs go!

real fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5632
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by real fan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:08 pm

deejay wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:32 pm
We are going smaller, but the video shows he can shoot. I like the choice.
Smaller how?

User avatar
Lake Camelot
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:40 pm

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by Lake Camelot » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:21 pm

deejay wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:32 pm
We are going smaller, but the video shows he can shoot. I like the choice.
Not sure I understand what you mean. We have quite a bit of height for the MVC. We probably go with a bigger player with our last scholarship. Unless someone too go to pass on wants to come and are smaller.
Ville is a decent sized guard though.

real fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5632
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by real fan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:40 pm

Lake Camelot wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:21 pm
deejay wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:32 pm
We are going smaller, but the video shows he can shoot. I like the choice.
Not sure I understand what you mean. We have quite a bit of height for the MVC. We probably go with a bigger player with our last scholarship. Unless someone too go to pass on wants to come and are smaller.
Ville is a decent sized guard though.
I think he is a decent size guard.

mexicoBUfan
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:57 am

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by mexicoBUfan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:15 pm


ER3
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)
Posts: 1849
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by ER3 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:48 pm

mexicoBUfan wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:15 pm
https://www.basket.fi/basketball-finlan ... _id=103771

Is that a good stat line?
That is filling it up.

Just as a comparison, the team Ville is playing on now is the exact same team that Lauri Markkanen played on the year before he went to the Univ of Arizona...Markkanen averaged 21 points and 7 rebounds a game that year for HBA-Marsky...

Not using this comparison as proof that BU has an NBA lottery pick on their hands or anything of the sort...just pointing out that this isn't some beer league he is playing in...one that any decent high school kid could waltz into and put up 40 a night without even breaking a sweat...

Excited to get this kid signed and see what he can do in the Valley!

PH
Kryptonite Poster
Kryptonite Poster
Posts: 2926
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:58 am

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by PH » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:45 pm

mexicoBUfan wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:15 pm
https://www.basket.fi/basketball-finlan ... _id=103771

Is that a good stat line?
Nah .... that’s a great line ;)

Looking at the stats, it seems they also track blocks and fouls against? Are they saying Ville also drew 5 fouls (contact while driving?) and had 1 of his shots blocked?

User avatar
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 29604
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: Peoria, IL

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by squirrel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:19 pm

Fouls drawn is getting the call against the penalized player.
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler

User avatar
dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 10829
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:49 pm

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by dogsrus » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:16 am

ER3 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:48 pm
mexicoBUfan wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:15 pm
https://www.basket.fi/basketball-finlan ... _id=103771

Is that a good stat line?
That is filling it up.

Just as a comparison, the team Ville is playing on now is the exact same team that Lauri Markkanen played on the year before he went to the Univ of Arizona...Markkanen averaged 21 points and 7 rebounds a game that year for HBA-Marsky...

Not using this comparison as proof that BU has an NBA lottery pick on their hands or anything of the sort...just pointing out that this isn't some beer league he is playing in...one that any decent high school kid could waltz into and put up 40 a night without even breaking a sweat...

Excited to get this kid signed and see what he can do in the Valley!
Hey what’s wrong with Beer leagues... i went off for 33 points, 12 fouls and 0 assists this summer.....
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

User avatar
JD
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5596
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:59 pm
Location: Heartland

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by JD » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:40 am

dogsrus wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:16 am

Hey what’s wrong with Beer leagues... i went off for 33 points, 12 fouls and 0 assists this summer.....
Was that a season total? How many games? :joker
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”

User avatar
dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 10829
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:49 pm

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by dogsrus » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:08 am

JD wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:40 am
dogsrus wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:16 am

Hey what’s wrong with Beer leagues... i went off for 33 points, 12 fouls and 0 assists this summer.....
Was that a season total? How many games? :joker

I can’t recall....
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

User avatar
JD
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5596
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:59 pm
Location: Heartland

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by JD » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:43 am

:td
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”

real fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5632
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Re: Welcome Ville Tahvanainen!

Post by real fan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:55 pm

dogsrus wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:16 am
ER3 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:48 pm
mexicoBUfan wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:15 pm
https://www.basket.fi/basketball-finlan ... _id=103771

Is that a good stat line?
That is filling it up.

Just as a comparison, the team Ville is playing on now is the exact same team that Lauri Markkanen played on the year before he went to the Univ of Arizona...Markkanen averaged 21 points and 7 rebounds a game that year for HBA-Marsky...

Not using this comparison as proof that BU has an NBA lottery pick on their hands or anything of the sort...just pointing out that this isn't some beer league he is playing in...one that any decent high school kid could waltz into and put up 40 a night without even breaking a sweat...

Excited to get this kid signed and see what he can do in the Valley!
Hey what’s wrong with Beer leagues... i went off for 33 points, 12 fouls and 0 assists this summer.....
The 8 years olds you played against could not have been in any beer league, you sure it was not a biddy league? :P

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pndbaseball12 and 26 guests