Boya

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Boya

Post by dogsrus » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:04 pm

HoustonBrave wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:37 pm
Boya = Too raw, great potential after 2 to 3 years, if he works hard.
LVB = Too hesitant in taking 3 point shots, lacks confidence most of the time.
Kennel = Lost his confidence lately, but he is a tough fighter, has an admirable attitude.
DLO = Has been OK, but not impressive as in pre-season.
Bar = Has been OK but inconsistent. Gets into foul trouble easily.
Childs = Needs to be more in the paint, he is our best player, most effective in the paint.
DB = Forces shots and commits turnovers, needs to share the ball more, otherwise he is excellent.
Hodgson = Average bench player, slows the tempo and protects the ball.
Henry = Deserves more play time, turns over the ball more than necessary. Needs competitive experience.
Lundy = Limited talent but tries hard.
Pittman = Great on defense, must improve offense.

We need to do a better job in future recruiting in order to belong again among the top 3 MVC teams. Hoping to get our 1st MVC win today, otherwise it will be a very painful 0-6 record this season. GO BRAVES!!!
Garuntee we will NOT get our first win today!!!! :D
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:10 pm

I’m not sure what the bigger lie was - Boya being a difference maker this year, or Pittman being some sort of defensive wizard. Pittman is terrible at everything, including defense.
“Bradley is a dream job for me. Why Bradley? It’s very simple. I knew all about Bradley growing up. I played at Carver Arena a couple of times. We didn’t win those games, but I plan on winning a lot there in the future.” - Brian Wardle, March 27, 2015

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:16 pm

BradleyBrave wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:10 pm
I’m not sure what the bigger lie was - Boya being a difference maker this year, or Pittman being some sort of defensive wizard. Pittman is terrible at everything, including defense.
The problem with making these kinds of statements is that eventually games are played and the truth comes out.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

HoustonBrave
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by HoustonBrave » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:06 pm

Pittman's defense is generally great, unless he gets into foul trouble (which often happens) or sees limited minutes because of lack of offensive contribution (which also often happens). I agree that both him and Boya have NOT met the very high exceptions thrown around in the early Fall. Maybe we are a bit too harsh, but there is a reason why we own a 0-5 record so far in the MVC. If each player does NOT seriously work on addressing his weaknesses, then we will never improve as a team!

ER3
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by ER3 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:12 pm

BradleyBrave wrote:
#TheArrival was the biggest lie of them all.

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:22 pm

ER3 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:12 pm
BradleyBrave wrote:
#TheArrival was the biggest lie of them all.
We must have hired the Trump twitter account to provide this year's PR. ;) :joker
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"

SFP
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SFP » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:31 pm

Boya is a freshman big and unless you're a McDonald All American big chances are that you'll be a somewhat project. I never thought he'd be a savior so I'm not disappointed one bit in his play. Now if he does not put in the time in the off season to hone his game and we do not see a market improvement that will be on him.

I'm more disappointed in KB and EC's game, especially EC. I really do not see much more of an upside from KB next year. There's a certain type of mental toughness that he just does not have. That does not make him a bad person. EC on the other hand has such a high ceiling that he should be dominating.
"Wardle: Thanks for calling. I appreciate it."

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:34 pm

I was told by a lot of persons that had seen us practice many times that Boya was going to be a huge difference maker immediately. I forgot about the fact that they more then likely look great going against our team in practice. I was told the same thing about Shaw awhile back and look how that turned out. I will no longer listen to all the hype and make a determination on my own. Henry to me is our best freshman recruit as far as offense goes, he has made mistakes like a true freshman yet had he been played more his offensive numbers would be better then more then half of the team.

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:37 pm

SFP wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:31 pm
Boya is a freshman big and unless you're a McDonald All American big chances are that you'll be a somewhat project. I never thought he'd be a savior so I'm not disappointed one bit in his play. Now if he does not put in the time in the off season to hone his game and we do not see a market improvement that will be on him.

I'm more disappointed in KB and EC's game, especially EC. I really do not see much more of an upside from KB next year. There's a certain type of mental toughness that he just does not have. That does not make him a bad person. EC on the other hand has such a high ceiling that he should be dominating.
EC would if we put him down low minus Bar or Boya whom clog up the lane which hurts his ability to get the ball more in a position to score.

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:38 pm

SFP wrote:
EC on the other hand has such a high ceiling that he should be dominating.
I think part of the problem is that his ceiling is nowhere near as high as several having been saying. He has the potential to be a nice player when he's surrounded by quality players. Childs reminds me of Ken Garrett, a Stowell holdover, who played second fiddle to JJ Anderson in Versace's first two seasons.

SFP
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SFP » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:43 pm

Braves4Life wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:38 pm
SFP wrote:
I think part of the problem is that his ceiling is nowhere near as high as several having been saying. He has the potential to be a nice player when he's surrounded by quality players. Childs reminds me of Ken Garrett, a Stowell holdover, who played second fiddle to JJ Anderson in Versace's first two seasons.
I see a real quality player that is going through the motions. I disagree with you here. He's quite not an NBA player but one that could have a very nice pro career if he puts in the work. You can't ask much more for a Valley players.
"Wardle: Thanks for calling. I appreciate it."

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:12 pm

SFP wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:43 pm
Braves4Life wrote:
SFP wrote:
I see a real quality player that is going through the motions. I disagree with you here. He's quite not an NBA player but one that could have a very nice pro career if he puts in the work. You can't ask much more for a Valley players.
Hes not close to Deon Jackson or Marcellus Sommerville.
~Thomas Jefferson

jim beam
All World
All World

Post by jim beam » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:23 am

Braves4Life wrote:
SFP wrote:
If he is close to Kenny Garret, Ill take it...Wish he had a little Robert Jenkins in him tho
Thanks J.J. for what I consider sound advice!

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:31 am

jim beam wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:23 am
Braves4Life wrote:
SFP wrote:
If he is close to Kenny Garret, Ill take it...Wish he had a little Robert Jenkins in him tho
I'll take it if Henry can develop into a Jenkins-type, or even a Bobby Ford.

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:03 am

Braves4Life wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:31 am
jim beam wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:23 am
Braves4Life wrote:

I'll take it if Henry can develop into a Jenkins-type, or even a Bobby Ford.
He will turn into a decent player for someone else as with the way he has been treated why would he stay at Bradley.

HoustonBrave
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by HoustonBrave » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:20 pm

The problem is that scouts have figured out that if DB and Childs are tightly defended, then our other offensive options are somewhat limited. DB has been trying to carry the team on his own (which is mission-impossible), and Child's paint-area has been crowded by fellow tall teammates &/or by being double-defended, so he is forced out of the paint area. Thus we tend to become a "one-man show" with DB forcing shots &/or turning the ball over too much. Bar and DLO may get +/- 10 points each per game if we are lucky, but that is NOT enough for us to beat any MVC opponent. Nate Kennel has been struggling lately. So, we simply are in a tough situation, especially when a senior like LVB plays tentative and lacks confidence in his 3 points shots. We simply have limited offense, and scouts figured that out. Looks like it is going to be a long season, hope I am wrong!

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SaintLouBrave22 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:41 pm

real fan wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:03 am

He will turn into a decent player for someone else as with the way he has been treated why would he stay at Bradley.
I hope he does better, but it doesnt help Bradley either if he stays but they never let him play.
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---

BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:24 pm

I’d make up an injury and redshirt him at this point. Henry can take those minutes in a pinch. He doesn’t have a role this season and isn’t ready. I don’t care if he leaves as a 5th year...he’s got a LONG way to go before he’s that good.
“Bradley is a dream job for me. Why Bradley? It’s very simple. I knew all about Bradley growing up. I played at Carver Arena a couple of times. We didn’t win those games, but I plan on winning a lot there in the future.” - Brian Wardle, March 27, 2015

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:32 pm

BradleyBrave wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:24 pm
I’d make up an injury and redshirt him at this point. Henry can take those minutes in a pinch. He doesn’t have a role this season and isn’t ready. I don’t care if he leaves as a 5th year...he’s got a LONG way to go before he’s that good.
I don’t think they can redshirt him at this point. I’d have to research the rules but it might be too late in the season.
~Thomas Jefferson

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:51 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:32 pm
BradleyBrave wrote:
I don’t think they can redshirt him at this point. I’d have to research the rules but it might be too late in the season.
Isn't it the 20% of games played rule? Boya's played in 8 which would be 2 more than allowed.

Disturbed
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Disturbed » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:54 pm

Braves4Life wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:51 pm
tribecalledquest wrote:
BradleyBrave wrote:
Isn't it the 20% of games played rule? Boya's played in 8 which would be 2 more than allowed.
One play in basketball constitutes a whole season. He also could not get a medical redshirt because the injury has to happen in the first half of the season.

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:59 pm

Braves4Life wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:51 pm
tribecalledquest wrote:
BradleyBrave wrote:
True. I was thinking for a non injury redshirt.
~Thomas Jefferson