Dave Snell's game notes.

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Dave Snell's game notes.

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:56 pm

Pretty bad/sad when you have NOTHING good or noteworthy to say about your team so you say something bad about the other team. "Drake is third to last in the MVC in defense .... "

Apparently Drake's abysmal defense didn't matter.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

Braveman
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Re: Dave Snell's game notes.

Post by Braveman » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:45 am

Thanks for the kick em while they are down commentary... lol

This on top of all of the "new" posters who have popped out of the woodwork are indeed amusing.
“The powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?”

Murph
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Murph » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:21 am

Dave Snell is employed by Bradley University, if he's negative he could be fired then they would hire Jim Mattson to make our lives even more miserable.

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SaintLouBrave22 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:23 am

Braveman wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:45 am
Thanks for the kick em while they are down commentary... lol

This on top of all of the "new" posters who have popped out of the woodwork are indeed amusing.
I think this is another "Bradley to D2" poster...
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SaintLouBrave22 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 am

Murph wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:21 am
Dave Snell is employed by Bradley University, if he's negative he could be fired then they would hire Jim Mattson to make our lives even more miserable.
Yeah...right...

So he can talk about Illinois for entire segments...

That would go over well :lol:
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---

quince

Post by quince » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:30 am

SaintLouBrave22 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 am
Murph wrote:
Yeah...right...

He could also talk about Morton High School. That's another one of his favorites.

dss03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dss03 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:43 am

I’m not ashamed to say I checked in on the game for a few minutes, found myself getting angrier than I should, clicked the remote and immediately started feeling better.

Sometimes I get annoyed with things the broadcast team says, and Snell has lost quite a bit of zip over the years, but my Lord look at the program he covers and works for. There is no remote button for him.

If I were in his shoes, stapled to that chair and mic every single miserable loss and every failed coach, I’d be using language at this point that would make Ron Ferguson blush.
FunchessonPopcorn - "DSS03 is fantastic!"

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SaintLouBrave22 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:47 am

dss03 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:43 am
I’m not ashamed to say I checked in on the game for a few minutes, found myself getting angrier than I should, clicked the remote and immediately started feeling better.

Sometimes I get annoyed with things the broadcast team says, and Snell has lost quite a bit of zip over the years, but my Lord look at the program he covers and works for. There is no remote button for him.

If I were in his shoes, stapled to that chair and mic every single miserable loss and every failed coach, I’d be using language at this point that would make Ron Ferguson blush.
Yeah, I mean its tough, but sometimes you have to say how you feel. It could cost him the gig, but could also earn him a whole lot of respect from a whole lot of circles.

At some point, trying to put the lipstick on the ugly pig is nearly impossible.

I enjoyed Chad's candid chat in the post game, but unfortunately he followed it up with an asinine statement absolving Wardle of all responsibility for this mess.

dss03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dss03 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:49 am

SaintLouBrave22 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:47 am
dss03 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:43 am

Yeah, I mean its tough, but sometimes you have to say how you feel. It could cost him the gig, but could also earn him a whole lot of respect from a whole lot of circles.

At some point, trying to put the lipstick on the ugly pig is nearly impossible.

I enjoyed Chad's candid chat in the post game, but unfortunately he followed it up with an asinine statement absolving Wardle of all responsibility for this mess.
You could either snap and either quit or get fired, or you can zone out and just ride it out. Neither is a wrong option imo, but I don’t see any other way to weather through this.
FunchessonPopcorn - "DSS03 is fantastic!"

isuquinndog
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by isuquinndog » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:39 am

quince wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:30 am
SaintLouBrave22 wrote:
Murph wrote:
Yeah...right...

He could also talk about Morton High School. That's another one of his favorites.
He's from there.

itsabouttime
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by itsabouttime » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:45 pm

Wasn’t able to hear postgame show, and archives of broadcasts have been eliminated (fortuitous?)

Can someone summarize?

ER3
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by ER3 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:49 pm

itsabouttime wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:45 pm
Wasn’t able to hear postgame show, and archives of broadcasts have been eliminated (fortuitous?)

Can someone summarize?
Basically Wardle said that he has no idea what to do....they've tried everything...now it's on the kids to look at themselves in the mirror and just find a way to get it done...there's nothing that the coaches can do for them at this point to get better results out of them...blah blah blah.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:53 pm

Gone are the days when Chuck Buescher and Joe Stowell told fans the way it was. No softballs. I recall that on Dec 29 I was on the way home with my son from a game listening to the UCLA/Liberty game. No softballs thrown by those announcers. They called out the team, the coach. They called for change. Alford was gone shortly after.
go cubs go!

itsabouttime
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by itsabouttime » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Well since the long schedule breaks were thought to be a cause....uhhhh, nope

And the return to frequent games and no classes were thought to be a cure.....uhhh, nope

Then maybe a return to frequent games AND classes, starting next week, will be the formula to replicate last year’s chemistry, cohesion, competitiveness and competence.

And with the good teams on our schedule to provide a challenge, hope springs eternal....or spring can’t come soon enough!!!

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:29 pm

deejay wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:53 pm
Gone are the days when Chuck Buescher and Joe Stowell told fans the way it was. No softballs. I recall that on Dec 29 I was on the way home with my son from a game listening to the UCLA/Liberty game. No softballs thrown by those announcers. They called out the team, the coach. They called for change. Alford was gone shortly after.
I doubt those guys are also employed full time by the university.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:56 pm

I actually enjoy Snell's game notes. Not trolling, not kicking BU fans while they're down. I just thought it was very telling as to the state of affairs when the only thing they could come up with, apparently, was saying something negative about Drake. I compare it to when I go to purchase something. Tell me what's good about you as a retailer, not what's bad about others. Big turn off for me.

As far as BU to D-II, you gotta have the rose colored glasses on not to acknowledge the reality of that.
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:22 pm

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:56 pm
As far as BU to D-II, you gotta have the rose colored glasses on not to acknowledge the reality of that.
Please explain your rationale for that conclusion. :?
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:24 pm

Braves4Life wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:22 pm
GoBirdsGo II wrote:
No. You have to be a rationally thinking human to realize Bradley to D2 is ridiculous.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:42 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:24 pm
Braves4Life wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:22 pm
GoBirdsGo II wrote:
No. You have to be a rationally thinking human to realize Bradley to D2 is ridiculous.
If Bradley were to go to D2 there'd be a whole boatload of programs below us in the Expense/Revenue category that join us -- https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/6/ ... -mid-major

TheAsianSensation
All Universe
All Universe

Post by TheAsianSensation » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:21 pm

Sure, Bradley can be D-II.

That's what it'd be called when the P5 (or P6) break away and leave everyone else, and I mean literally everyone else, behind.

Bradley's not leaving the Top 200 schools in the country, though.
That's enough, Reggie Miller.

That's enough, Chris Webber.

http://bracketball.blogspot.com/

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:47 pm

TheAsianSensation wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:21 pm
Sure, Bradley can be D-II.

That's what it'd be called when the P5 (or P6) break away and leave everyone else, and I mean literally everyone else, behind.

Bradley's not leaving the Top 200 schools in the country, though.
Exactly TAS. President Roberts addressed this potential scenario here -- https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pjstar ... ate=ampart

quince

Post by quince » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:39 am

isuquinndog wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:39 am
quince wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:30 am
SaintLouBrave22 wrote:

Yeah...right...

He's from there.
I know that.

pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe

Post by pndbaseball12 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:15 am

[quote=tribecalledquest post_id=1521425 time=1547778266 user_id=16412]

[/quote]

Agreed. I don’t think people realize how big of a drop there is between D2 and even the low levwls of D1. I went to a D2 school that at the time was in arguably the toughest all around athletic conference in D2. Bradley would lap those teams and do it easily, IN EVERY SPORT. Just because the men’s basketball team is struggling doesn’t mean the entire athletic department is going to drop to D2. Women’s basketball: best start in school history. Volleyball: almost made a run to the national tournament. Soccer: struggled lately but the best program on the hilltop in the last decade plus. Baseball: receiving votes in the Collegiate Baseball national preseason poll. Tennis: Valley champs. Men’s golf: Valley champs. You can’t just drop to D2 in one sport it’s an entire athletic department move and everyone but men’s basketball is pulling their weight.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:56 am

Even though you obviously graduated from the dogsrus school of quote functioning pndbaseball, you make the best points here for why BU will not be going D2. Good post... bad form. ;) :lol:

pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe

Post by pndbaseball12 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:06 am

Braves4Life wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:56 am
Even though you obviously graduated from the dogsrus school of quote functioning pndbaseball, you make the best points here for why BU will not be going D2. Good post... bad form. ;) :lol:
No idea what happened there! I did everything right!! Even went back and checked it!
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda