Dave Reynolds banned?

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
dss03
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Dave Reynolds banned?

Post by dss03 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:23 am

They managed to parlay their first bid in over a decade into negative publicity. It’s not easy to do, but they managed to pull it off. Amazing work!
FunchessonPopcorn - "DSS03 is fantastic!"

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:25 am

dogsrus wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:20 am
JMM28 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:14 am
dogsrus wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:06 am
BU needs to extend an olive branch TODAY and offer or state that AFTER the tourney offer to sit down and discuss this situation. This at the very LEAST....
Sit down with interim sports whatever Wes Huett so he can laugh and criticize people’s mannerisms again?

I really don’t know what BU can possibly do at this point. The basketball staff has poked the beehive one too many times and got themselves a swarm of local/Chicago/national reporters. They’re going to have to take the stings and hope it blows over quickly.
I understand but it’s the only way I know for adults to solve problems.... sit down, swallow your F ing pride and put yourself in the other guys shoes .

Yeah tall order I know but ......

Like I stated simply providing a “ stay “ MIGHT calm this down for now without admitting guilt.

Otherwise instead of hoops questions all week this might just be journalists sticking up for their brethren and it will just grow and get uglier.

I realize.... fat chance.
Good point DRU.

Everyone swallow your pride. Someone admit that maybe, just maybe, you might have been wrong. All get in a room. Treat each other with respect and figure it out. This isn’t trying to get peace in the Middle East. Good grief.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

dss03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dss03 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:26 am

The sports communications majors at the Steiner school will have some new material to study in their 101 classes for years to come.

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:27 am

JMM28 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:14 am
dogsrus wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:06 am
BU needs to extend an olive branch TODAY and offer or state that AFTER the tourney offer to sit down and discuss this situation. This at the very LEAST....
Sit down with interim sports whatever Wes Huett so he can laugh and criticize people’s mannerisms again?

I really don’t know what BU can possibly do at this point. The basketball staff has poked the beehive one too many times and got themselves a swarm of local/Chicago/national reporters. They’re going to have to take the stings and hope it blows over quickly.
For context. Wes wasn’t laughing at Bradley and saying we don’t care.

He was chuckling about how thin skinned and ridiculous their “complaints” were about Dave.

Chuckling like “really? This is it?”
~Thomas Jefferson

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:27 am

This is what happens when you think you're a bigger name program than you really are.

Lake Camelot
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Lake Camelot » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:28 am

BeBrave wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:23 am

Yea sure Wardle is an *** and has been for years per Dave. Shame on the paper for stealing the spotlight from the kids on that team.
That is the only think I can see both sides of. But it doesn't really matter to me. Do whatever you need to.

ctowngrad

Post by ctowngrad » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:29 am

BeBrave wrote:
ctowngrad wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:13 am
BeBrave wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:49 am
This is the most play the Journal Star has gotten in a decade. They’ve got to be loving it.
Uh, newsflash: this is the most play BRADLEY has gotten in more than a decade. And they shouldn’t be loving this play they’re getting. This is not going well for them with national media...media that they should be getting good stories from this weekend. They’re blowing their biggest opportunity in years.
This wouldn’t be a national story if they weren’t a tournament team. The journal star purposefully used this time to pounce. Snake-like.

Yea sure Wardle is an *** and has been for years per Dave. Shame on the paper for stealing the spotlight from the kids on that team.
That take ain’t it, Chief, and if the school doesn’t realize what a disaster this will turn into for their reputation and get ahead of this to do a mea culpa, it won’t be a good week. And the window to try and get any positive buzz from this Tournament appearance will likely close quickly.

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:30 am

BeBrave wrote:

This wouldn’t be a national story if they weren’t a tournament team. The journal star purposefully used this time to pounce. Snake-like.
It reminds me of the old adage I learned as a child: "What goes around comes around"... Obviously Wardle was never taught this.
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"

ctowngrad

Post by ctowngrad » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:31 am

Bluejaygrad03 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:27 am
This is what happens when you think you're a bigger name program than you really are.
This times 100. Nobody outside of Peoria or the MVC knows much of Bradley’s existence. This is their opportunity to get their name out there. It’s getting out there, but not in a good way.

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:32 am

dss03 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:26 am
The sports communications majors at the Steiner school will have some new material to study in their 101 classes for years to come.
Sadly, I thought the same thing. And I'm being serious.
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"

JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:32 am

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:33 am

JMM28 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:32 am
Boy. This escalated quickly.
~Thomas Jefferson

pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe

Post by pndbaseball12 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:34 am

BeBrave wrote:
ctowngrad wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:13 am
BeBrave wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:49 am
This is the most play the Journal Star has gotten in a decade. They’ve got to be loving it.
Uh, newsflash: this is the most play BRADLEY has gotten in more than a decade. And they shouldn’t be loving this play they’re getting. This is not going well for them with national media...media that they should be getting good stories from this weekend. They’re blowing their biggest opportunity in years.

I’m sorry you couldn’t be further from the truth. This was the perfect time to publish this. The media, National, State, or local is not your PR mouthpiece. That’s not how this works. Want better coverage? Treat the people that cover you every flipping day with respect. To get you respect you gotta give respect.

Maybe Bradley should have thought this through before opening this on themselves. If they don’t restrict access none of this happens. So who is stealing the spotlight from the kids again?
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:34 am

Bluejaygrad03 wrote:
I don’t think that’s it though because this has been brewing before we “ vaulted “ to the big stage. This is something rooted deep inside someone’s personality.....

What gets me is that someone is surrounded by intelligent , reasonable people who part of their jobs are to monitor and fix this kinda stuff .

We ALL have our weaknesses... and we need our friends and professional associates to help us see our errors from time to time ....
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:36 am

I wonder what Charlie Steiner thinks.

Lake Camelot
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Lake Camelot » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:36 am

By the way as annoyed as I am by this
I hope some journalist are trying to get comments from Wardle, C Reynolds, anyone at Bradley. To offer to get their side.
Last edited by Lake Camelot on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheAsianSensation
All Universe
All Universe

Post by TheAsianSensation » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:36 am

Watch the other ADs in the selection committee give Reynolds the side eye and put us on the 16 line :lol:
That's enough, Reggie Miller.

That's enough, Chris Webber.

http://bracketball.blogspot.com/

dss03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dss03 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:48 am

dogsrus wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:34 am
Bluejaygrad03 wrote:
I don’t think that’s it though because this has been brewing before we “ vaulted “ to the big stage. This is something rooted deep inside someone’s personality.....

What gets me is that someone is surrounded by intelligent , reasonable people who part of their jobs are to monitor and fix this kinda stuff .

We ALL have our weaknesses... and we need our friends and professional associates to help us see our errors from time to time ....
Agreed. It is about Wardle at its core, but it’s really about the institution when it comes to this, at the worst possible moment.

dss03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dss03 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:55 am

Braves4Life wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:32 am
dss03 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:26 am
Sadly, I thought the same thing. And I'm being serious.
I’m not kidding either, though there is irony there too. It will teach kids what not to do, but it would also serve as a jolting lesson to kids that there are no sacred cows, including your own institution.

JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:58 am

jim beam
All World
All World

Post by jim beam » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:03 am

I am hearing people talk about age old adages, lessons from their Father etc....#1 Do not get into a war of words with people that buy ink by the barrel !!!!!!!!!!
Thanks J.J. for what I consider sound advice!

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:05 am

Good grief....

Please someone tell me this isn’t a ploy to rally the troops.... us against them.

For the love of god someone from BU fall on this sword..... NOW. Take one for the team. As quickly as it has escalated it will disappear.

Back to hoops.....
Last edited by dogsrus on Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

bradley_townie
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by bradley_townie » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:09 am

Sure seems like Dave has been dealing with Bradley Athletics' pettiness for longer than just a few months.

tombs14
All World
All World

Post by tombs14 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:10 am

JMM28 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:58 am

I don't expect Steiner to make any rash decisions here - in his quotes to Vlahos. But this isn't a good start for BU's sake to build their Sports-Com brand.

GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:12 am

I agree with Steve Stein's tweet on the matter ....
If Bradley wanted its basketball team to get national attention, it succeeded. The university is being rightfully skewered because of its treatment of 29-year beat reporter Dave Reynolds of the Journal Star.
Have read the article and everyone's posts, and am somewhat surprised you all are surprised by this. I honestly expected everyone's response to be more like "This is just typical Wardle" or something to the effect. From what limited knowledge of the man I have he has always come off as arrogant, conceited, much more important than he really is, etc.

Then, when BU won the MVC Tourney this is just his way of taking a dig at the PJStar to show them, "Look at me, I'm the greatest coach alive, I coached us into the NCCA Tourney!".

I'm actually more surprised no one has made mention of their MVC Tourney slogan, "WE ALL WE NEED". That, to me, was a rip towards it's fan base. The boo'ers, the naysayers, those proclaiming they're done with BU Basketball and won't be renewing their season tix, , you the loyal BU PJStar forum posters, etc etc etc.

My take, everything I need to know about Wardle and the state of BU Basketball I learned the last 24 hours. :gagr
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!