The Valley

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Re: The Valley

Post by Braves4Life »

squirrel wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:59 am
Who beat who by 59 points? :scratch
I think tribe was being facetious. That or he's mathematically challenged. :lol:

UNI 80
MSU 57
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

We need to get much more contribution from Thomas and Kinsby to win at Mo State. Both have been non factors in our last two wins.
go cubs go!

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest »

Braves4Life wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:17 pm
squirrel wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:59 am
Who beat who by 59 points? :scratch
I think tribe was being facetious. That or he's mathematically challenged. :lol:

UNI 80
MSU 57
I should have used the sarcasm font.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus »

deejay wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:48 pm
We need to get much more contribution from Thomas and Kinsby to win at Mo State. Both have been non factors in our last two wins.
It appears teams are getting the scouting report on Thomas and sagging off him now... at least SIU was...... he’s going to have to develop some kind of outside shot to take his game further... he IS only freshman so hopefully he can ....

Kingsby is still a mystery to me.... he’s good between the free throw lines..... he gets to the rack occasionally and plays good D......still not sure if he’s just trying to fit in.... not force things or if this is who he is..... said it before a lot of juco’s ( i know he’s not ) blossom year two.
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

dogsrus wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:23 pm
deejay wrote:
It appears teams are getting the scouting report on Thomas and sagging off him now... at least SIU was...... he’s going to have to develop some kind of outside shot to take his game further... he IS only freshman so hopefully he can ....

Kingsby is still a mystery to me.... he’s good between the free throw lines..... he gets to the rack occasionally and plays good D......still not sure if he’s just trying to fit in.... not force things or if this is who he is..... said it before a lot of juco’s ( i know he’s not ) blossom year two.
I like Antonio Thomas but it’s four on five on the offensive end when he is out there.
~Thomas Jefferson

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan »

dogsrus wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:23 pm
deejay wrote:

Kingsby is not the player I thought he would be, terrible outside shot and just seems to just dribble the ball with little purpose on scoring. Coach Stowell would be pleading for him to drive the ball to the basket in order to draw fouls being he is an 80% free throw shooter.
Thomas should also do that as he is horrible from 3.

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus »

At least Thomas has looked to drive n score but now that teams are sagging it’s going to be tougher and tougher.... i think those few games he looked good he kinda snuck up on teams.....

Kingsby really doesn’t even look to score.....
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SaintLouBrave22 »

Indiana State is currently burying Evansville further into the league basement.

Sycs lead 34-19 at the half.
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

There is a tweet out there that McCarthy will be reinstated tomorrow. Not yet confirmed.
~Thomas Jefferson

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

Valpo puts up 42 in the first half at UNI to lead by six.
"There's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense."

BUFanatic
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by BUFanatic »

Come on UNI! We’re currently handling business halfway through, don’t ruin my big game hopes for Saturday!
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your hearts and you'll never walk alone, you'll never walk alone! One day soon we'll be back.

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

BUFanatic wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:55 pm
Come on UNI! We’re currently handling business halfway through, don’t ruin my big game hopes for Saturday!
You do realize its actually better for Bradley though if we could win tonight and again on Sat and go +2 in the loss column on those guys
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

SaintLouBrave22 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:43 pm
Indiana State is currently burying Evansville further into the league basement.

Sycs lead 34-19 at the half.
Indiana State finished it off in a big way. 65-42 final.

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

shaunguth wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:47 pm
UNI starts 2nd half on 10-0 run. (7 of 10 scored by Green)

BUFanatic
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by BUFanatic »

SaintLouBrave22 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:59 pm
BUFanatic wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:55 pm
You do realize its actually better for Bradley though if we could win tonight and again on Sat and go +2 in the loss column on those guys
Yes, yes I do, I just would love to see a matchup between 2 first place teams at Carver that I get to go to. I don’t think I’ve been to one of those in my lifetime.

Purely selfish hope for UNI to win, unselfishly I would love a UNI loss and a BU win tonight. 😁
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your hearts and you'll never walk alone, you'll never walk alone! One day soon we'll be back.

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

SaintLouBrave22 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:09 pm
shaunguth wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:47 pm
UNI starts 2nd half on 10-0 run. (7 of 10 scored by Green)
Now it's a 20-5 run. UNI up 56-47

BUFanatic
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by BUFanatic »

If I *** something up everyone here has full justified permission to pile it on me.

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

UNI wins 88-78 setting up the battle for 1st place on Saturday.

I know.....Loyola is very much in the mix with games against SIU and ISUr.

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

shaunguth wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:03 pm
UNI wins 88-78 setting up the battle for 1st place on Saturday.

I know.....Loyola is very much in the mix with games against SIU and ISUr.
Loyola does have a pretty easy stretch til the 26th where they go to Cedar Falls.

Winning at Redbird may not be easy though.

Majik45
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Majik45 »

Every win right now for Bradley is awesome. Have you guys looked at our schedule down the stretch? The only game in our last 7 that we might not be a favorite in is @valpo. We end the year like this:
Vs Evansville
Vs ISUb
@SIU
Vs MIssouri State
@Valpo
@ISUr
Vs Loyola

We win a few more games without Eli and we will have a shot at being Valley champs.

JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 »

Majik45 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:14 pm
Every win right now for Bradley is awesome. Have you guys looked at our schedule down the stretch? The only game in our last 7 that we might not be a favorite in is @valpo. We end the year like this:
Vs Evansville
Vs ISUb
@SIU
Vs MIssouri State
@Valpo
@ISUr
Vs Loyola

We win a few more games without Eli and we will have a shot at being Valley champs.
Welcome back to meaningful winning-a-MVC-championship games, Bradley fans!

Jubby Tumbo
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Jubby Tumbo »

Am I the only one who thinks everyone should stop and take a second to relax on the high expectations???? I want to see success too....but I'm certainly not expecting contention for a regular season title this year.

BUFanatic
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by BUFanatic »

Jubby Tumbo wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:49 pm
Am I the only one who thinks everyone should stop and take a second to relax on the high expectations???? I want to see success too....but I'm certainly not expecting contention for a regular season title this year.
Go away Debbie. Let some of us ride this until the final buzzer sounds Saturday.

theheemymonster

Post by theheemymonster »

Jubby Tumbo wrote:
Why not? We were preseason number 2 and we are tied for first at 4-1. If we aren’t playing a Thursday night team on Friday I will be disappointed

Majik45

Post by Majik45 »

Jubby Tumbo wrote:
I was not expecting to contend for the regular season title this year either. I also did not expect to be 4-1 without Childs at this point. Time to raise expectations