Cedar Falls

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
CalCriddle
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Cedar Falls

Post by CalCriddle »

Heading to Cedar Falls for Saturday game. Anyone have any hot tips on restaurants or “semi friendly” bars near the stadium

Thanks in advance

BeBrave
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)

Re: Cedar Falls

Post by BeBrave »

CalCriddle wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:38 pm
Heading to Cedar Falls for Saturday game. Anyone have any hot tips on restaurants or “semi friendly” bars near the stadium

Thanks in advance
Pepper’s Sports Pub is a good spot. A couple miles from McLeod Center. Not walking distance but only a few minutes drive.
Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Brian Wardle?

@J_Dub_Sep

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan »

CalCriddle wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:38 pm

Thanks in advance
I saw Cal play in the Fieldhouse many years ago, great athlete that had an enormous vertical.

MissouriValleyUnite
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by MissouriValleyUnite »

Galleria de Paco is a bucket list restaurant for its interior design. 15 minutes away in Waterloo.

BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave »

It's an outpost. Bring a coat.
“Bradley is a dream job for me. Why Bradley? It’s very simple. I knew all about Bradley growing up. I played at Carver Arena a couple of times. We didn’t win those games, but I plan on winning a lot there in the future.” - Brian Wardle, March 27, 2015

CalCriddle
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by CalCriddle »

Duly noted on the coat...Thanks for the food and beverage suggestions BBrave and MVU

Let’s get a win

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus »

BradleyBrave wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:32 pm
...... and a flare gun.
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 »

dogsrus wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:50 pm
BradleyBrave wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:32 pm
...... and a flare gun.
Make sure you bring it into the arena with you and shoot it off during UNI free throws as well.

BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave »

Childs in.
Haldeman out.
Braves +7.5

BU 65
UNI 60

Let’s go!
“Bradley is a dream job for me. Why Bradley? It’s very simple. I knew all about Bradley growing up. I played at Carver Arena a couple of times. We didn’t win those games, but I plan on winning a lot there in the future.” - Brian Wardle, March 27, 2015

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

We are so so inconsistent on free throws. It will cost us against this team.
go cubs go!

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

Gave up a 12 point lead to be down by 2 at the half.

Sure would be nice if Brown would show up for a road game.
"There's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense."

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

We have a lot of individuals playing again, especially at point guard.
go cubs go!

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan »

deejay wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:49 pm
We are so so inconsistent on free throws. It will cost us against this team.
It has already as we would be ahead at the half. This is a game where we need to stay close and win it at the end.

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SaintLouBrave22 »

shaunguth wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:54 pm
Gave up a 12 point lead to be down by 2 at the half.

Sure would be nice if Brown would show up for a road game.
They took our best shot and didnt go down.

I'm just as concerned with Eli being content shooting jumpers and only having 1 rebound as I am with anything.

Darrell is who he is unfortunately... and our best bet is them running guys at him and him not shooting a whole lot unless wide open.

I'd like to see Ville get some more time given his 1st half play. Our best lineup when we made the run had both him and Antonio in it.

And for the love of God, will someone please put a body on Pickford...11 rebounds... c'mon.
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---

spoon
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by spoon »

A little bit of home cookin to start the second half. 5 fouls in 2 1/2 minutes. 3 of those fouls looked very suspect.

BUFanatic
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by BUFanatic »

UNI gets away with a clear walk and Ari called for a foul on a clean ball block. Missed FTs and POT chances killing us right now. Time to step up on national TV for once!
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your hearts and you'll never walk alone, you'll never walk alone! One day soon we'll be back.

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

I struggle with why we went out of the zone.

They were having trouble with it and the only bucket they made was a clock ending 25 footer from Green.

Also, it must be nice to have an AJ Green, because we have no one that can do what he does 1 on 1.
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life »

BUFanatic wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:21 pm
UNI gets away with a clear walk and Ari called for a foul on a clean ball block.
Ari needs to be taught not to swing his arm so hard and swat when he's blocking shots. He does a great job of getting the block but his follow through is often unnecessary and gets him in trouble.
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

BUFanatic wrote:
UNI gets away with a clear walk and Ari called for a foul on a clean ball block. Missed FTs and POT chances killing us right now. Time to step up on national TV for once!
Darrell Brown is killing us...

AGAIN.

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life »

SaintLouBrave22 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:22 pm

Also, it must be nice to have an AJ Green, because we have no one that can do what he does 1 on 1.
Who in the Valley does? Ville might develop into something close before he's done at BU

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Braves4Life wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:28 pm
SaintLouBrave22 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:22 pm

Who in the Valley does? Ville might develop into something close before he's done at BU
Granted it makes it easier for him when Darrell has been guarding him most of the night which makes me want to :gagr

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan »

The large no.of blocking fouls are killing us. AJ Green normally does not shoot like that from 3.

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Braves4Life wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:25 pm
BUFanatic wrote:
UNI gets away with a clear walk and Ari called for a foul on a clean ball block.
Ari needs to be taught not to swing his arm so hard and swat when he's blocking shots. He does a great job of getting the block but his follow through is often unnecessary and gets him in trouble.
With him its usually more he doesnt block shots straight up and down but uses his momentum. He's had 6 now invalidated because he caught a guy with his body.

In this situation though, what do the officials want him to do there? Pickford was moving into him there so he is creating the contact.

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

real fan wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:31 pm
The large no.of blocking fouls are killing us. AJ Green normally does not shoot like that from 3.
I would imagine in most games, he doesnt have a 6 inch size advantage on the guy guarding him...

I'm not sure what exactly you do, but having Darrell guard him probably isn't optimal.

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life »

Green torched Childs as well though