SIU

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Re: SIU

Post by squirrel »

No one knows what will be happening with this winter weather, but the worst thing you could have is ice and then snow on top of it, regardless of amount.

They are now saying .25-.5" ice and 3-7 inches of snow possible (up from 1-1.5"), with heaviest hitting mid-to-late afternoon Saturday. . .but even the advisories aren't saying it's definite.
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler

bcg
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bcg »

It was interesting to see that Ronnie Suggs had 9 rebounds in 34 minutes in thier last game against Valpo.

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest »

bcg wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:38 pm
It was interesting to see that Ronnie Suggs had 9 rebounds in 34 minutes in thier last game against Valpo.
To me that shows SIU isn’t very good 😀
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan »

I am seeing now that the weather channel has forecast one to 3 inches of snow for Peoria, as long as we do not get a lot of freezing rain the main roads should be ok. I might have an extra seat next to me for Tribe :twisted:

BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave »

real fan wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:34 pm
I am seeing now that the weather channel has forecast one to 3 inches of snow for Peoria, as long as we do not get a lot of freezing rain the main roads should be ok. I might have an extra seat next to me for Tribe :twisted:
Make him wear red.
“Bradley is a dream job for me. Why Bradley? It’s very simple. I knew all about Bradley growing up. I played at Carver Arena a couple of times. We didn’t win those games, but I plan on winning a lot there in the future.” - Brian Wardle, March 27, 2015

BUFanatic
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by BUFanatic »

If we want a sniff at having a good showing (crowd wise) on national tv these next two are crucial for BU and UNI. BU wins against Southern and MoSt along with UNI wins against MoSt and Valparaiso would make it a 4 way tie for first (assuming LUC and the Drake also hold serve). There’s an extremely small chance that we could see a relatively early battle for first place with only UNI and BU tied. Would love to see Carver in the spotlight, even if it were a chance to cut the tie down to 3.
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your hearts and you'll never walk alone, you'll never walk alone! One day soon we'll be back.

squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

I get your point on attendance, but don't think both Bradley and UNI have to be super awesome for the game to get attention. . .If it's a big early game for first place, the people will come. Oh, yes, Ray. . .people will most definitely come. Unless there's a threat of snow. ;) :lol:

Call me Negative Nelly, Debbie Downer, or whatever, but I'm going to assume Missouri State handles us pretty easily there. But I don't think that has much bearing on anything else. However, if Bradley can bink that one, I would dare say one of our paws is already on the regular season trophy.
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler

PH
All World
All World

Post by PH »

Sagarin still projects us 2nd with the Saluki’s 7th:

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan »

squirrel wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:18 am
I get your point on attendance, but don't think both Bradley and UNI have to be super awesome for the game to get attention. . .If it's a big early game for first place, the people will come. Oh, yes, Ray. . .people will most definitely come. Unless there's a threat of snow. ;) :lol:

Call me Negative Nelly, Debbie Downer, or whatever, but I'm going to assume Missouri State handles us pretty easily there. But I don't think that has much bearing on anything else. However, if Bradley can bink that one, I would dare say one of our paws is already on the regular season trophy.
Mo.State should not handle us easily because they are not great on offense. We score around 70 we will have a chance to win.

JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 »

squirrel wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:38 pm
No one knows what will be happening with this winter weather, but the worst thing you could have is ice and then snow on top of it, regardless of amount.

They are now saying .25-.5" ice and 3-7 inches of snow possible (up from 1-1.5"), with heaviest hitting mid-to-late afternoon Saturday. . .but even the advisories aren't saying it's definite.
The ground is too warm for any significant icing to happen. These clowns on TV are selling the dramatic. The reality is that we might get an inch or 2 of snow and that is nothing.

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus »

We are all gunna die..... bury me in RED!!!!
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave »

I swear, if people didn’t know any better they’d never go outside. I think most of us grew up in the Midwest, how is this potential ‘weather’ that might hit even newsworthy? Scaring people in to storming the shelves and canceling plans, good grief!

I have as healthy of a respect for Mother Nature as anyone - its not that which that makes me laugh. It’s the manufactured drama over what appears to be common winter weather in the Midwest.

And the restaurants!
“Bradley is a dream job for me. Why Bradley? It’s very simple. I knew all about Bradley growing up. I played at Carver Arena a couple of times. We didn’t win those games, but I plan on winning a lot there in the future.” - Brian Wardle, March 27, 2015

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus »

BradleyBrave wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:20 pm
I swear, if people didn’t know any better they’d never go outside. I think most of us grew up in the Midwest, how is this potential ‘weather’ that might hit even newsworthy? Scaring people in to storming the shelves and canceling plans, good grief!

I have as healthy of a respect for Mother Nature as anyone - its not that which that makes me laugh. It’s the manufactured drama over what appears to be common winter weather in the Midwest.

And the restaurants!
Reminds of the time many years ago when the riverfront flooded and you woulda thought all of peoria was underwater.....

They had a monster truck show cancel too.... that always made me laugh.

Glad its SIU.... all those trucks..... ask Mo.
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

BUFanatic
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by BUFanatic »

BU opens -7.5
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your hearts and you'll never walk alone, you'll never walk alone! One day soon we'll be back.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Tazewell is not even included in the weather advisory. With the low of 34 and ground being warm I would say that it should melt or the salt does the trick.
go cubs go!

cutter752
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by cutter752 »

Me and wife, plus 2 friends will be attending the game regardless of weather. Might add, will be our first game in several years. Used to be season ticket holders but just got tired of losing. Watched every home game of Nates highschool career, vaguely remember him scoring something like 53 points in one game.....not sure exactly but close.....Knowing the Braves wont win them all, at least they seem to be competitive in most games. Go Braves!

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

deejay wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:29 pm
Tazewell is not even included in the weather advisory. With the low of 34 and ground being warm I would say that it should melt or the salt does the trick.
Maybe in Tazewell....but the forecasted temps in downtown Peoria are not above freezing from 5pm on.
"There's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense."

MissouriValleyUnite
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by MissouriValleyUnite »

You can’t blame fans for staying home during a winter weather advisory. Valley fans remember SIU getting stranded in a central IL blizzard and Barry having to board the team in a church for the night.

BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave »

#MidwestWintermageddon update - it’s raining out. Hopefully Noah left room in the ark or we’re all scr-wed.

Love the Braves tomorrow come h-ll, high water, or wintry mix.

Braves 75
SIU 58

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

BradleyBrave wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:42 pm
#MidwestWintermageddon update - it’s raining out. Hopefully Noah left room in the ark or we’re all scr-wed.

Love the Braves tomorrow come h-ll, high water, or wintry mix.

Braves 75
SIU 58
Hopefully it continues to just rain until 10pm tomorrow.
"There's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense."

Jubby Tumbo
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Jubby Tumbo »

:joker :mrgreen: :D :)
JMM28 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:29 pm
squirrel wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:38 pm

The ground is too warm for any significant icing to happen. These clowns on TV are selling the dramatic. The reality is that we might get an inch or 2 of snow and that is nothing.
Sincerely yours,

Big Al

BeBrave
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)

Post by BeBrave »

The weather is gonna be fine. Get to the game.
Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Brian Wardle?

@J_Dub_Sep

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus »

If only someone could invent snow tires......

JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 »

Lyin’ Chuck over at Crooked WEEK is walking back his fake news now. “Just a quick hit of snow!” Over by 5. All those people who gave away tickets and spent their savings on milk and bread. Sad!

BU by 14.

PH
All World
All World

Post by PH »

dogsrus wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:01 am
If only someone could invent snow tires......
OT, but FYI, there is now a category of All-Weather tires that pass the snow traction test needed for the 3 Peak Mountain Snow Flake symbol (that used to be the sole domain of dedicated snow tires)
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1533 ... ter-tires/

Yes, dedicated snow tires are still better, but there’s no longer a reason to settle for the old “all season” tires.