Who can you trust?

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball

Best weatherman ever

Poll ended at Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:01 pm

Rollie Keith (Rollie)
14%
Bill Houlihan (Houli)
86%

Total votes: 7

BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Who can you trust?

Post by BradleyBrave »

The clowns today take us all for mor0ns who can’t look out the window. Probably in cahoots with others to stay on the air. Did either of these guys stoop so low to bend the truth?
“Bradley is a dream job for me. Why Bradley? It’s very simple. I knew all about Bradley growing up. I played at Carver Arena a couple of times. We didn’t win those games, but I plan on winning a lot there in the future.” - Brian Wardle, March 27, 2015

dss03
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Who can you trust?

Post by dss03 »

We watched WEEK as a family. I don’t even remember - who did ABC have back in the day?
FunchessonPopcorn - "DSS03 is fantastic!"

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

BradleyBrave wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:01 pm
The clowns today take us all for mor0ns who can’t look out the window. Probably in cahoots with others to stay on the air. Did either of these guys stoop so low to bend the truth?
You are absolutely right. We should do away with all weather-related professionals and just let people look out their windows.
"There's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense."

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

I agree with other posts concerning the weather. It was a stretch on all channels to call this a winter storm. Finding ice in ditches when roads were good, looking for drifting snow that wasn’t there. Yes, there was snow and one had to drive a little slower. But it is winter, but not a major ice storm as they kept saying. I know a lot of people were afraid of the ice and stayed home. Unfortunately it is Illinois and winter. But to the weather folks, don’t make it what it wasn’t.
go cubs go!

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan »

Like I said in another post the worst part about a little ice and snow was not the drive, it was getting in and leaving Carver because they obviously are too cheap to use enough salt on their side walks.

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

real fan wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:15 am
Like I said in another post the worst part about a little ice and snow was not the drive, it was getting in and leaving Carver because they obviously are too cheap to use enough salt on their side walks.
This would never be an issue if the game were at RC. The incredible decision-makers at BU would have been all over this!

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life »

shaunguth wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:29 am
real fan wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:15 am
This would never be an issue if the game were at RC. The incredible decision-makers at BU would have been all over this!
Now THAT'S funny. :lol:
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

deejay wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:09 am
I agree with other posts concerning the weather. It was a stretch on all channels to call this a winter storm. Finding ice in ditches when roads were good, looking for drifting snow that wasn’t there. Yes, there was snow and one had to drive a little slower. But it is winter, but not a major ice storm as they kept saying. I know a lot of people were afraid of the ice and stayed home. Unfortunately it is Illinois and winter. But to the weather folks, don’t make it what it wasn’t.
Again....if a person cannot find a reasonably current (and accurate) weather forecast these days, that is solely on them. Don't just look out the window...walk outside and see if it's icy or not. Dumb bastards.

SFP
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SFP »

shaunguth wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:31 am
deejay wrote:
Again....if a person cannot find a reasonably current (and accurate) weather forecast these days, that is solely on them. Don't just look out the window...walk outside and see if it's icy or not. Dumb bastards.
Some one woke up in a good mood! :P
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

SFP wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:37 am
shaunguth wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:31 am
deejay wrote:
Some one woke up in a good mood! :P
I woke up hours ago....and yes...in as good a mood as possible.

Majik45
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Majik45 »

Guys this was a huge deal, not just the biggest storm of the year, but the biggest storm of the decade. The warnings were legit for a storm of this magnitude.

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life »

Majik45 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:10 pm
Guys this was a huge deal, not just the biggest storm of the year, but the biggest storm of the decade. The warnings were legit for a storm of this magnitude.
I'm 800 miles away and I was scared for you guys. Glad Peoria survived this time.
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"

PH
All World
All World

Post by PH »

dss03 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:57 am
We watched WEEK as a family. I don’t even remember - who did ABC have back in the day?
Lee Ransom? (If WEEK hired him after Wholi retired?)