UNI Part 2

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
BradleyMathGrad
Silver Poster (250 posts)

UNI Part 2

Post by BradleyMathGrad »

Biggest home game since...I don't even know how long. Let's get everyone out to Carver and take control of this conference!
Remember that atmosphere when we played against Michigan, having a stretch of play where it actually got loud enough that we forced them to call Timeout.

Let's get back to that.

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Re: UNI Part 2

Post by SaintLouBrave22 »

BradleyMathGrad wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:51 am
Biggest home game since...I don't even know how long. Let's get everyone out to Carver and take control of this conference!
Probably Michigan State.

As far as conference home games, probably when we played UNI Feb 3 2009 as we were 7-4 in league play at the time and looked every bit a contender. They were 10-1 coming in and looked like world beaters with Moran, Farokhmanesh, Koch, and Eglseder.

Past that, I think just about every home game in the 00-01 season was big as we fought with Creighton and ISU for the top.
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---

squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

Michigan was here during their national runner-up season in 2013, but of course, our team was terrible then, and there was little hope of competing, even though we only lost by 8.

Michigan State we had a puncher's chance to win, at least.
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler

bufan39

Post by bufan39 »

SaintLouBrave22 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:29 am
BradleyMathGrad wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:51 am
Probably Michigan State.

As far as conference home games, probably when we played UNI Feb 3 2009 as we were 7-4 in league play at the time and looked every bit a contender. They were 10-1 coming in and looked like world beaters with Moran, Farokhmanesh, Koch, and Eglseder.

Past that, I think just about every home game in the 00-01 season was big as we fought with Creighton and ISU for the top.
To this day that Michigan State game in December of 2008 was the most electric crowd experience I can remember at Carver. Man, we almost pulled it off. Kalin Lucas buried the biggest shot of the game right in front of me. Somehow someway I'm hoping for 8k tomorrow night.
~Compete. Defend. Rebound.~

NCAA Tournament Appearances - 2019, 2006, 1996, 1988, 1986, 1980, 1955, 1954, 1950
MVC Tournament Champions - 2019, 1988, 1980
MVC Regular Season Champions - 1996, 1988, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1962, 1950

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

bufan39 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:28 pm
Somehow someway I'm hoping for 8k tomorrow night.
Then you should definitely hope or pray or whatever that may get the rain to end early enough tomorrow before the temps drop drastically so that the roads in, out, and around town aren't a mess.

That said, it may get bitterly cold and very windy outside, but it'll be nice and warm with plenty of beer and popcorn inside :td
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---

PH
All World
All World

Post by PH »

Seem to be closing the gap to 1st in Sargin

MissouriValleyUnite
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by MissouriValleyUnite »

This game will come down to two things: momentum and winter weather.

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus »

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:14 pm
This game will come down to two things: momentum and winter weather.
Don’t forget the amount of redness in the joint..... because NOTHING impacts a game more!!!!!!!

BTW..... which UNI thread is the official one :?
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

Majik45

Post by Majik45 »

Just exchanged some old season tickets in for tickets to the game on Saturday. One of the upper bowl sections that is normally pretty empty had a lot of seats taken already, so probably going to be quite a few people there. Guy at the window said lots of season ticket passes and old tickets were being exchanged in the last couple of days, so thinking there will be a good crowd.

Majik45

Post by Majik45 »

Based on the game at UNI, I think we need to put Kingsby on Green. He has the height and speed to get up on him to not allow open 3 point looks. Give the assignment to DK and hopefully he can own it. He provides the best match-up IMO.

BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave »

Great news - the snow has arrived! Plenty of time for our first responders to have roads cleared and safe for easy passage to Carver tomorrow between 3 and 5 PM.

See you all tomorrow at the Pere Marquette for pregame party at 3 PM!
“Bradley is a dream job for me. Why Bradley? It’s very simple. I knew all about Bradley growing up. I played at Carver Arena a couple of times. We didn’t win those games, but I plan on winning a lot there in the future.” - Brian Wardle, March 27, 2015

SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

I love the 83% chance of being a top 3 seed right now...lets bump that up tomorrow.

Then we can start talking about the last time we had those probabilities through 1/3 of league play.

BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave »

UNI -1
Total is 138
“Bradley is a dream job for me. Why Bradley? It’s very simple. I knew all about Bradley growing up. I played at Carver Arena a couple of times. We didn’t win those games, but I plan on winning a lot there in the future.” - Brian Wardle, March 27, 2015

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life »

Majik45 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:11 pm
Based on the game at UNI, I think we need to put Kingsby on Green. He has the height and speed to get up on him to not allow open 3 point looks. Give the assignment to DK and hopefully he can own it. He provides the best match-up IMO.
I said this during the last UNI game. Kingsby is probably our best athlete and needs to embrace the role of defensive stopper... Sheriff 2.0.
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan »

Braves4Life wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:15 pm
Majik45 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:11 pm
I said this during the last UNI game. Kingsby is probably our best athlete and needs to embrace the role of defensive stopper... Sheriff 2.0.
Kingsby is 6-2, Thirdkill was 6-7. We have a transfer in Nolan that is suppose to be a real good defender and is 6-4.
I think we just need to keep switching fresh defenders in guarding Green and hope he has an ave. shooting night.

BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave »

I don’t know what our approach will be, but we were effective running 2 guys at Green and getting the ball out of his hands. UNI struggled to score when we did that. Not sure if it’s something you can do the whole game, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see us do it some tomorrow night.

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

68 - UNI
70 - BU
"There's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense."

BUFanatic
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by BUFanatic »

It’s now a Pick Em. Sheesh I don’t remember the last time BU has had a 50/50 game.
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your hearts and you'll never walk alone, you'll never walk alone! One day soon we'll be back.

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus »

BUFanatic wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:15 pm
It’s now a Pick Em. Sheesh I don’t remember the last time BU has had a 50/50 game.
Surprising UNI isn’t a heavy fav after the thumping we got AT their place......set up my TV to record this one on the deuce and under the info about the game they talk about
“ the battle for first place in the MVC and how UNI captured the first game 68-94....!!!!

The only thing missing was the “ tonite live from Indiana... it’s BU verse UNI”........ :? :shock:

ESPN needs to screen the interns juuuuust a little bit mo better.....
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus »

BradleyBrave wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:27 pm
I don’t know what our approach will be, but we were effective running 2 guys at Green and getting the ball out of his hands. UNI struggled to score when we did that. Not sure if it’s something you can do the whole game, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see us do it some tomorrow night.
We must have different definitions of “ effective .” ;)

BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave »

dogsrus wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:06 am
BradleyBrave wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:27 pm
We must have different definitions of “ effective .” ;)
You listen here Debbie...we didn’t start running the double at him until late in the 2nd half...we did get the ball out of his hands, we just had a bunch of empty possessions (example - Kingsby missed layup). Enough of your blaspheming!

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest »

Recency bias is amazing.

This coaching staff will not overreact to AJ Green hitting 5-6 realllllyyy hard shots last game and totally change what they are going to do. He isn’t going to do that tonight. Book it.

I don’t want to run double teams at him and leave dudes like Haldeman and Berhow wide open for threes. That would be a bad game plan based out of panic. This staff is too good for that.

AJ Green isn’t James Harden.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus »

I actually agree..... i don’t like when teams make wholesale changes in defensive principals..... we are a good defensive team..... do what we do well and try and do it better....!!!!

Sure you might throw a tweak or two in there to catch them by surprise but they know us and we know them...... it’s going to come down to who does what they do better...!!!

And if they wannn get into a shoot out with us like BW says.... you DONT want to get into a shoot out on the road ( unless you can drain 17 threes :td ).....

Rebound..... take care of the ball....finish at the rim.....!!!!...... and if Nate wants to go 7-10 i’ll take it :D

BeBrave
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)

Post by BeBrave »

Green is a good player that had a lights out career game against Bradley in Cedar Falls and they won by 5.

Bradley - 73
UNI - 68
Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Brian Wardle?

@J_Dub_Sep

pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe

Post by pndbaseball12 »

tribecalledquest wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:29 am
Recency bias is amazing.

This coaching staff will not overreact to AJ Green hitting 5-6 realllllyyy hard shots last game and totally change what they are going to do. He isn’t going to do that tonight. Book it.

I don’t want to run double teams at him and leave dudes like Haldeman and Berhow wide open for threes. That would be a bad game plan based out of panic. This staff is too good for that.

AJ Green isn’t James Harden.
Good points tribe. Also Haldeman didn’t play last game so there’s a new wrinkle that the defense will have to account for.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda