UNI Part 2

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Re: UNI Part 2

Post by Braves4Life »

shaunguth wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:57 pm
Conference championship slipping away....UNI matching Bradley's two road wins and now with the head-to-head tiebreaker over BU.
Well, on the bright side, it might be tough for them to beat us three times in a season. (Waiting for tribe to chime in with his philosophy on this...) :roll: :lol:
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Seniors stayed home. Bigs outscored 30-8.
go cubs go!

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

Braves4Life wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:02 pm
shaunguth wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:57 pm
Conference championship slipping away....UNI matching Bradley's two road wins and now with the head-to-head tiebreaker over BU.
Well, on the bright side, it might be tough for them to beat us three times in a season. (Waiting for tribe to chime in with his philosophy on this...) :roll: :lol:
Hopefully, someone else (ISUr), can step up and beat them before Sunday in STL.
"There's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense."

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

deejay wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:03 pm
Seniors stayed home. Bigs outscored 30-8.
2 of the 3 did

SFP
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SFP »

DB needs to stop playing hero ball and trying to score by the basket. For every shot he makes by driving he gives up a handful. We also absolutely missed EC. We had our chances but UNI was the better team. They hit the big shots.
As Desmond Tutu said: “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.”

squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

Even though UNI dominated us inside, I really liked Ari's game. It wasn't his best, but it is the type of consistent night he's starting to get more regularly.
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler

ICEMANBU
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)

Post by ICEMANBU »

I am absolutely done with Darrell Brown. It’s time to cut his minutes down and get him out of the starting lineup. Wardle has given him more than enough rope and he’s gone out there and absolutely hung himself with it. His last 5 minutes were some of the worst basketball I’ve seen from a Bradley player.

He’s now #1 on the list of Most Overrated Braves.

And all this in his Senior season. No excuse for that. None whatsoever.
A real fan celebrates the successes, but acknowledges the failures of his team.

I am a Bradley Fan, not a Bradley Fascist.

Twitter: @DRustyCabbage

pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe

Post by pndbaseball12 »

Disappointing loss. Could tell at the end we were gassed.

AJ Green is a high level Power 5 talent. Tribe going to chime in with he’s “not that good” well he just dropped 60 in 2 games against the best field goal % defense in the league. He may not start, but he would play meaningful minutes for pretty much anyone in the SEC, PAC 12, Big 12(non Baylor division), and the lower half of the Big 10.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

ICEMANBU wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:08 pm
I am absolutely done with Darrell Brown. It’s time to cut his minutes down and get him out of the starting lineup. Wardle has given him more than enough rope and he’s gone out there and absolutely hung himself with it. His last 5 minutes were some of the worst basketball I’ve seen from a Bradley player.

At least that Senior was making shots and/or getting to the line.

ER3
Plutonium Poster
Plutonium Poster

Post by ER3 »

ICEMANBU wrote:

Whatever. Yeah, let’s play Antonio Thomas 30 minutes a game and watch him stand unguarded on the perimeter all game long. That will be great.

ICEMANBU

Post by ICEMANBU »

shaunguth wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:15 pm
ICEMANBU wrote:

I don’t give a player credit for “getting to the line” if the referee bailed him out on a reckless, wild, uncontrolled, hero ball B S play.

ER3
Plutonium Poster
Plutonium Poster

Post by ER3 »

UNI is just better than us...by a significant margin. ***, but it is what it is. They have two post players that destroy ours and they constantly spread the floor and have shooters all over the place. Not much we can do.

ICEMANBU

Post by ICEMANBU »

ER3 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:17 pm
ICEMANBU wrote:

Whatever. Yeah, let’s play Antonio Thomas 30 minutes a game and watch him stand unguarded on the perimeter all game long. That will be great.
Well, that’s what Brown was doing at the end of the game, standing still on the wing, not moving, saw that at least a couple if not more possessions in a row. He only got the ball because the other players that were moving and trying to run the O and got in trouble and threw him the ball which he promptly took on another wild, uncontrolled drive to the rim.

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

ICEMANBU wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:18 pm
shaunguth wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:15 pm
ICEMANBU wrote:

I don’t give a player credit for “getting to the line” if the referee bailed him out on a reckless, wild, uncontrolled, hero ball B S play.
Well....he scored six points there, which is what three other players (including the other seniors) combined for total in 64 minutes!

ER3
Plutonium Poster
Plutonium Poster

Post by ER3 »

The good news...is that after the ISU game we won’t have to worry about any of those annoying lines we had to deal with tonight. All of the casual fans that came out tonight to see what this team is all about won’t bother the rest of the year. This complete dismantling at home will insure that we keep it at a cozy 5400 the rest of the year after ISU

So...there’s that, I guess.

pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe

Post by pndbaseball12 »

ICEMANBU wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:22 pm
ER3 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:17 pm
ICEMANBU wrote:

Well, that’s what Brown was doing at the end of the game, standing still on the wing, not moving, saw that at least a couple if not more possessions in a row. He only got the ball because the other players that were moving and trying to run the O and got in trouble and threw him the ball which he promptly took on another wild, uncontrolled drive to the rim.
Darrell scored 18 on not awful shooting relative to his season rate... we didn’t lose because of Darrell... UNI wasn’t going to let Kennell get hot from deep. Sometimes you tip your cap on a defensive scheme to shut a player down. We lost because nobody outside of Kingsby or Darrell could put the ball in the hole. Also, sometimes you just get beat. Tonight was one of those nights. UNI is a d@mn good basketball TEAM. They are the anti-MSU, great players that play well as a team.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life »

Brown’s weaknesses and limitations are simply being exposed more after three years of film and teams playing against him. Plus, he has always struggled against UNI. I won't give up on him as he has been a Bradley savior up until this season... He's in a slump. Big time. Hopefully he'll get things figured out by the tournament. Brown's one player who really benefits by having Childs on the floor.

I'm going to take the positives away from this game -- Kingsby's play, hope this was the shot in the arm he needed to get his career at Bradley jump started. Boya's play - hoping he can continue to grow and provide valuable minutes.

Majik45
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Majik45 »

Good effort. They made plays and we did not in last 5 minutes. We miss Elijah Childs inside against them tonight. A couple of those lobs from Kingsby to Boya are dunks if Childs is in the game. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat as the better team won tonight

Majik45

Post by Majik45 »

squirrel wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:00 pm
Well, if nothing else, we now know Kingsby can be a big-time scorer, too. . .
My thought and one positive from the night was this. Are we sitting on a Will Franklin situation here where guy comes in to a solid team from juco and doesn't have to do much because team is pretty good already and then he blossoms to 1st team all conference next year?

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth »

real fan wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:25 pm
Braves4Life wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:15 pm
Majik45 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:11 pm
Based on the game at UNI, I think we need to put Kingsby on Green. He has the height and speed to get up on him to not allow open 3 point looks. Give the assignment to DK and hopefully he can own it. He provides the best match-up IMO.
I said this during the last UNI game. Kingsby is probably our best athlete and needs to embrace the role of defensive stopper... Sheriff 2.0.
Kingsby is 6-2, Thirdkill was 6-7. We have a transfer in Nolan that is suppose to be a real good defender and is 6-4.
I think we just need to keep switching fresh defenders in guarding Green and hope he has an ave. shooting night.
Well....Green had a below average shooting night....

Lake Camelot
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Lake Camelot »

Well Kingsby was great. Ari had a sneaky good game. Ville was ok. Jashon was out most of the game. Everyone else just had off nights ir were guarded to that. In general Northern Iowa is just better than us. We played ok. Maybe we get them in the tournament and Childs and Henry help us to a win.

PS I am starting to wonder if looks and race had anything to do with the fact that I didn't think Green was a pro. If he looked more athletic maybe I would have thought it earlier. He gets up and has a high release point on his shot. It is almost impossible to stop. I think he will play in the NBA.

OrangeandBlack74

Post by OrangeandBlack74 »

Majik45 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:43 pm
Sometimes you just have to tip your hat as the better team won tonight
UNI has better talent than BU... starting with Green and at virtually every position. They are the class of the MVC this season.
Once a Brave...Always a Brave

ER3
Plutonium Poster
Plutonium Poster

Post by ER3 »

OrangeandBlack74 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:01 pm
Majik45 wrote:
UNI has better talent than BU... starting with Green and at virtually every position. They are the class of the MVC this season.
No question about it.

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life »

Lake Camelot wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:52 pm

PS I am starting to wonder if looks and race had anything to do with the fact that I didn't think Green was a pro. If he looked more athletic maybe I would have thought it earlier. He gets up and has a high release point on his shot. It is almost impossible to stop. I think he will play in the NBA.
I think Green has the chance to be a multiple Valley POY before he's done. If he does I also think he has a chance to have a long pro career

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life »

ER3 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:08 pm
OrangeandBlack74 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:01 pm
Majik45 wrote:
No question about it.
Even though this may be true I'm confident that we can beat them in the MVCT if we get Childs back and in playing shape.