Braves vs. Rockets

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Braves vs. Rockets

Post by squirrel »

Just one day away until the season tip off. . .

Bradley game notes: https://bradleybraves.com/documents/202 ... f?id=12437
Toledo game notes: https://utrockets.com/documents/2020/11 ... tional.pdf

Braves -3.5 (opened at -4 and moved to -4.5, but has closed to the current margin)

Radio for WMBD is listed and streaming is available for purchase at FloHoops here: https://www.flohoops.com/events/6824431 ... vitational
"You're only as good as your last game in this business; always know that. You're never as good as you think, you're never as bad as you think." - Brian Wardle
MissouriValleyUnite
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)

Re: Braves vs. Rockets

Post by MissouriValleyUnite »

Mike Schmaltz & Paul Fritschner to pick up the Toledo & Oakland games.
BeBrave

Post by BeBrave »

A game thread! Hooray!

Braves by 11.

Nolan with 20
Eli with a double double
Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Brian Wardle?

@J_Dub_Sep
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

Elijah needs to dominate from go this year.
"You're only as good as your last game in this business; always know that. You're never as good as you think, you're never as bad as you think." - Brian Wardle
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

chitown fanatic
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by chitown fanatic »

BU 73-62. Nolan with 21. Will be tight early but our depth will wear them down late. Go Braves!
Tornadouche is a tool
PH
All Universe
All Universe

Post by PH »

squirrel wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:20 pm
Now, how am I supposed to get any sleep tonight, when I’m too hyped up?
:bounce
SFP
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SFP »

chitown fanatic wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:24 pm BU 73-62. Nolan with 21. Will be tight early but our depth will wear them down late. Go Braves!
We also appear to be very healthy. When's the last time we opened the season without someone out? I agree that BW will use a lot of bodies to start the season and everyone will be hungry to make an early impression. Glad there's a ton of competition for playing time.
As Desmond Tutu said: “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.”
Butler Blue
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by Butler Blue »

The depth is most impressive to me. This team has starter quality players going 9 deep.
real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan »

BU 82 Toledo 68
I see the points being spread out over the offense with our leading scorer having 18 points. This should be a very fast paced game as Toledo likes to shoot a lot of 3 pointers.
PH
All Universe
All Universe

Post by PH »

Kinda interesting we only practiced at Renaissance. The Civic Center was installing our floor 6 days ago. I guess going to the larger arena shooting practice would have been an extra risk.
SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SaintLouBrave22 »

In case you had forgotten, this is what happened just prior to our game vs Toledo last year:

BREAKING NEWS AT BRADLEY: Freshman forward Stephan Gabriel has been released from the team. Also, guard Danya Kingsby has been assessed a 1-game suspension and will miss today's Toledo game. Both for violating team standards.

Not to mention Childs being out with the hand injury.

I'd like to think that while we lost something in Brown and Kennell, we may be in better overall shape.

The lights are now on though, so what has happened the last 6 weeks means nothing.

Time to show up and get it going.
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

It's game day, folks!
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

Vince Welch and Nick Bahe is the Fox team covering Xavier this week.

One of my favorite Turkey week lines from Raf the last couple years, "Jimmy (Patsos) has lots of tips. That's because he was a bartender."
Butler Blue
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by Butler Blue »

SaintLouBrave22 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:12 pm In case you had forgotten, this is what happened just prior to our game vs Toledo last year:

BREAKING NEWS AT BRADLEY: Freshman forward Stephan Gabriel has been released from the team. Also, guard Danya Kingsby has been assessed a 1-game suspension and will miss today's Toledo game. Both for violating team standards.

Not to mention Childs being out with the hand injury.

I'd like to think that while we lost something in Brown and Kennell, we may be in better overall shape.

The lights are now on though, so what has happened the last 6 weeks means nothing.

Time to show up and get it going.
I would be shocked if Bradley had any roster issues this year. I'm not saying taking guys like Jo Jo or Stephan were risks, but if they were, I just don't think Bradley is in a position where they have to gamble on potentially iffy guys any more.
SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Butler Blue wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 am
I would be shocked if Bradley had any roster issues this year. I'm not saying taking guys like Jo Jo or Stephan were risks, but if they were, I just don't think Bradley is in a position where they have to gamble on potentially iffy guys any more.
I'm never surprised by anything anymore (see Star Transport), but I do tend to agree that there are less character flaw issues with this group and in having leaders from both the player and coach standpoint that present out that they know what they need to do and the business at hand.

This group has a chance to be special and I think for the most part, they grasp that.

It starts today.
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---
SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

This 1st game sure is one sided.

I'm not sure if I am more impressed with Xavier or less impressed with Oakland who was really REALLY bad from the field.

53-12 at the half. Yes, you read that right.
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

Oakland is a shell of where they were a few years back. They haven't had a winning season since 2018.
real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan »

SaintLouBrave22 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:42 am This 1st game sure is one sided.

I'm not sure if I am more impressed with Xavier or less impressed with Oakland who was really REALLY bad from the field.

53-12 at the half. Yes, you read that right.
Xavier looks to be a better offensive team this season . They have good inside players to go along with good guards. They were definitely impressive.
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

Couldn't quickly find the thread with the starting lineup discussion:

JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

Great start by Bradley. ran the floor well, rebounded really well, and then we subbed.
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”
PH
All Universe
All Universe

Post by PH »

JD wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:30 pm Great start by Bradley. ran the floor well, rebounded really well, and then we subbed.
That’s supposed to be our strength, but not if Mast, Ville and McAdoo can’t hit a 3
SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

So...

Is Dave wrong or is the broadcast wrong?

One has it 18-16, the other 17-16. :?
PH
All Universe
All Universe

Post by PH »

Bradley Twitter and the Xavier stats page has 18-16

https://goxavier.com/sidearmstats/mbbal ... Bteam=away
SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

PH wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:39 pm Bradley Twitter and the Xavier stats page has 18-16

https://goxavier.com/sidearmstats/mbbal ... Bteam=away
Thats what I am going by. I think the confusion was a basket and then a 3 ball when it was 10-6.