Les and Hawkins reunite

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Les and Hawkins reunite

Post by BradleyBrave »

“Bradley is a dream job for me. Why Bradley? It’s very simple. I knew all about Bradley growing up. I played at Carver Arena a couple of times. We didn’t win those games, but I plan on winning a lot there in the future.” - Brian Wardle, March 27, 2015
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Les and Hawkins reunite

Post by squirrel »

Looks like he is compiling a lot of strong hoops DNA in Davis. Wish him the best!
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler
Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life »

This is very cool! :D This is probably the type of school that young Hawkins should have gone to in the first place (or BU ;) ). It will be Les to Hawkins all over again. I wish them all nothing but success!
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"
srw
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by srw »

Braves4Life wrote:This is very cool! :D This is probably the type of school that young Hawkins should have gone to in the first place (or BU ;) ). It will be Les to Hawkins all over again. I wish them all nothing but success!
Methinks this Les to Hawkins, will resemble the first in name only.
BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave »

srw wrote:Methinks this Les to Hawkins, will resemble the first in name only.
No 'Ally-oop, KABOOM!'? :(
“Bradley is a dream job for me. Why Bradley? It’s very simple. I knew all about Bradley growing up. I played at Carver Arena a couple of times. We didn’t win those games, but I plan on winning a lot there in the future.” - Brian Wardle, March 27, 2015
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

They have an attractive schedule this year. UCLA, Stanford, San Diego State, road trip to Hawai'i, and the BANANA SLUGS :td
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler
BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave »

squirrel wrote:They have an attractive schedule this year. UCLA, Stanford, San Diego State, road trip to Hawai'i, and the BANANA SLUGS :td
And I bet they're hangin' their hat on defense...
firefighter13
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)

Post by firefighter13 »

BradleyBrave wrote:
squirrel wrote:They have an attractive schedule this year. UCLA, Stanford, San Diego State, road trip to Hawai'i, and the BANANA SLUGS :td

You forgot getting the players to buy in, playing 4 guard lineups, and playing your post players 30 ft. from the basket.
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

And those wonderful moving screens! Do they call them out west?! If so, they will lead the league!
go cubs go!
ER3
Plutonium Poster
Plutonium Poster

Post by ER3 »

BradleyBrave wrote:
:td :gagr

As long as the kids buy in to the blueprint, hang their hats on their defense, give 110%, play 'em one day at a time...then...good Lord willing, things will work out.
Out of Balance
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Out of Balance »

firefighter13 wrote:
BradleyBrave wrote:

You forgot getting the players to buy in, playing 4 guard lineups, and playing your post players 30 ft. from the basket.
Lord have Mercy Fire, you just gave me reasons for night meres tonight
Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life »

Will Les feel the pressure at UC-D if he doesn't win? It sounds like he's got a strong nucleus back to go with some fine recruits.

With nine returning letterwinners and amid lots of anticipation, the UC Davis men's basketball season opened preparations for the 2011-12 season on Friday night with its first practice under new head coach Jim Les.
http://ht.ly/1f98U2
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"
BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave »

Braves4Life wrote:Will Les feel the pressure at UC-D if he doesn't win? It sounds like he's got a strong nucleus back to go with some fine recruits.

With nine returning letterwinners and amid lots of anticipation, the UC Davis men's basketball season opened preparations for the 2011-12 season on Friday night with its first practice under new head coach Jim Les.
http://ht.ly/1f98U2
They were 10-20 last year and 4-12 in the Big West. How strong can the nucleus be? I don't think the bar is set real high this year for the Aggies.

I guess this would put them 'under the radar'...right where they want to be. ;)
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

"I have visions of a MVC championship". Have we heard that yet? Looks like we will get a dose of Aztec basketball whether we want it or not. Hopefully Geno can bring BU back to respectability this year, and we won't have to get continued comparisons from out west.
go cubs go!
ICEMANBU

Post by ICEMANBU »

deejay wrote:... we won't have to get continued comparisons from out west.
If the day ever comes where there is a serious comparison between BU and UC-D, then BU has truly fallen......
A real fan celebrates the successes, but acknowledges the failures of his team.

I am a Bradley Fan, not a Bradley Fascist.

Twitter: @DRustyCabbage
SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SaintLouBrave22 »

They just better make sure they all buy in...or there will be heck to pay I tell you!
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---