Cardinals 2017

For the civil discussion of pro sports
Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6053
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by Redbird CC Fan » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:33 pm

jim beam wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:26 pm
Don't disagree. Likely a pride thing
Well if his pride is hurt, he should pitch better in the first place. :)
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

User avatar
jim beam
Plutonium Poster
Plutonium Poster
Posts: 2411
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:38 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by jim beam » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:21 pm

6 games under .500, along with 8 other of the 15 National League teams.
Thanks J.J. for what I consider sound advice!

real fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 4683
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by real fan » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:07 pm

M.Adams is hitting 300 and has had great success hitting left handed pitching. Thanks for under valuing him as he just really needed playing time which is exactly what he is getting with Atlanta. What really makes you wonder is why they ended up getting very little in return for him when we were desperate at the time for a first baseman.

User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 18563
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by tribecalledquest » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:13 pm

real fan wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:07 pm
M.Adams is hitting 300 and has had great success hitting left handed pitching. Thanks for under valuing him as he just really needed playing time which is exactly what he is getting with Atlanta. What really makes you wonder is why they ended up getting very little in return for him when we were desperate at the time for a first baseman.
Matt Adams is playing at a level he has never previously played. Good for him. Braves should ride it while it lasts and flip him for prospects.

Matt Adams' absence from the Cardinal lineup has nothing to do with their current struggles.
“When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”

User avatar
jim beam
Plutonium Poster
Plutonium Poster
Posts: 2411
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:38 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by jim beam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:28 am

Adams is having success. The Cardinals probably did undervalue him but honestly, the market kind of dictated. I did think it was an odd move based on what they received. I mean it was pretty clear that Card was heading to 1B and that Adams couldn't play the OF. But he really could have been an every day 1B, but the Cardinals constructed this team so poorly that they overlooked that.
Thanks J.J. for what I consider sound advice!

User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 18563
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by tribecalledquest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:22 am

jim beam wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:28 am
Adams is having success. The Cardinals probably did undervalue him but honestly, the market kind of dictated. I did think it was an odd move based on what they received. I mean it was pretty clear that Card was heading to 1B and that Adams couldn't play the OF. But he really could have been an every day 1B, but the Cardinals constructed this team so poorly that they overlooked that.
His last two seasons didn't show he could be an everyday first baseman. He couldn't hit LH pitching and his overall WAR was basically at replacement level.

Good for him he is playing so well now.
“When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”

User avatar
jim beam
Plutonium Poster
Plutonium Poster
Posts: 2411
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:38 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by jim beam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:42 am

Ya I'm certainly not pining for Matt Adams. And it is true his past performance didn't indicate he could be an everyday guy, but his current performance indicates that maybe its in there somewhere. Sometimes a change of scenery, a different set of eyes, a different culture can help boost confidence.
Thanks J.J. for what I consider sound advice!

User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 18563
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by tribecalledquest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:07 am

jim beam wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:42 am
Ya I'm certainly not pining for Matt Adams. And it is true his past performance didn't indicate he could be an everyday guy, but his current performance indicates that maybe its in there somewhere. Sometimes a change of scenery, a different set of eyes, a different culture can help boost confidence.
Possibly. I'm not big on the change of scenery thing but who knows. Guys also go through really hot stretches in their career. Most, at age 28-29, are who they are at this point.
“When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”

real fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 4683
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by real fan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:03 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:07 am
jim beam wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:42 am
Ya I'm certainly not pining for Matt Adams. And it is true his past performance didn't indicate he could be an everyday guy, but his current performance indicates that maybe its in there somewhere. Sometimes a change of scenery, a different set of eyes, a different culture can help boost confidence.
Possibly. I'm not big on the change of scenery thing but who knows. Guys also go through really hot stretches in their career. Most, at age 28-29, are who they are at this point.
I think the biggest difference for him is knowing he will play every day which takes away the overall pressure of having to play good or be benched . There is talk about trying him in right field with a possible Markakis trade before the deadline. I guarantee if we trade Adams we will get a lot more in return.

real fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 4683
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by real fan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:38 pm

Adams goes deep again. No/11

User avatar
jim beam
Plutonium Poster
Plutonium Poster
Posts: 2411
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:38 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by jim beam » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:18 pm

More bad base running tonight. Its just comical.
Thanks J.J. for what I consider sound advice!

User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 18563
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by tribecalledquest » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:25 pm

jim beam wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:18 pm
More bad base running tonight. Its just comical.
It's seriously like they are trying to lose.
“When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”

User avatar
jim beam
Plutonium Poster
Plutonium Poster
Posts: 2411
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:38 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by jim beam » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:38 pm

Phillies wouldn't let us lose
Thanks J.J. for what I consider sound advice!

real fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 4683
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by real fan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:58 pm

Chalk up another H.R. for Adams. Freeman is going to start working out at third base in order to keep Adams in the lineup.

User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 18563
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by tribecalledquest » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:13 pm

real fan wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:58 pm
Chalk up another H.R. for Adams. Freeman is going to start working out at third base in order to keep Adams in the lineup.
Two more HRs and two guys thrown out at home by Tommy Pham.
“When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”

User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 11814
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm
Location: Petersburg
Contact:

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:37 pm

Adams will regress back to the norm soon enough.

User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 18563
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by tribecalledquest » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:41 pm

I am confident the Phillies are worse than the Cardinals. Good grief.
“When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”

User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 11814
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm
Location: Petersburg
Contact:

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:43 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:41 pm
I am confident the Phillies are worse than the Cardinals. Good grief.
Not tough to see. Lost something like 13 of their last 14 with this loss to the Cardinals tonight.

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6053
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by Redbird CC Fan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:06 pm

real fan wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:58 pm
Chalk up another H.R. for Adams. Freeman is going to start working out at third base in order to keep Adams in the lineup.
Uncle Fester is that you?
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

User avatar
jim beam
Plutonium Poster
Plutonium Poster
Posts: 2411
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:38 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by jim beam » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:20 am

real fan wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:58 pm
Chalk up another H.R. for Adams. Freeman is going to start working out at third base in order to keep Adams in the lineup.
Awesome, how about you starting an Atlanta Braves Thread and you can keep track of Adams progress in the proper forum
Thanks J.J. for what I consider sound advice!

User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 18563
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by tribecalledquest » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:44 pm

This is a long chat from Keith Law--like a lot of his are---but about half way or more down is a question about Mike Matheny.

Just two media types opinion but being rated the worst tactical manager in baseball is never good.

http://meadowparty.com/blog/
“When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”

User avatar
Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 7540
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:02 pm
Location: Goose Landing

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by Mike Radigan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:50 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:44 pm
This is a long chat from Keith Law--like a lot of his are---but about half way or more down is a question about Mike Matheny.

Just two media types opinion but being rated the worst tactical manager in baseball is never good.

http://meadowparty.com/blog/
Search for tactical.

real fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 4683
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by real fan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:33 pm

jim beam wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:20 am
real fan wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:58 pm
Chalk up another H.R. for Adams. Freeman is going to start working out at third base in order to keep Adams in the lineup.
Awesome, how about you starting an Atlanta Braves Thread and you can keep track of Adams progress in the proper forum
Why don"t you drink a shot and calm down as not my fault your beloved cardinals made a bad trade. We made one with you a long time ago in the Wainwright deal.

User avatar
jim beam
Plutonium Poster
Plutonium Poster
Posts: 2411
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:38 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by jim beam » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Of course its not your fault, jeez Louise. And I am fine with Adams being gone, didnt bother me at all.I'm just suggesting that maybe since he's not a Cardinal anymore that you not post what he's doing in a Cardinals thread, that's all
Thanks J.J. for what I consider sound advice!

User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 18563
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Cardinals 2017

Post by tribecalledquest » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:47 pm

jim beam wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:21 pm
Of course its not your fault, jeez Louise. And I am fine with Adams being gone, didnt bother me at all.I'm just suggesting that maybe since he's not a Cardinal anymore that you not post what he's doing in a Cardinals thread, that's all
How did former Cardinal Pete Kozma do tonight? Is that relevant to this thread? :)
“When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests