Dane Sanzenbacher

For the civil discussion of pro sports
CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by CIS »

What are your thoughts on Sazenbacher of the Bears? Does he have a chance to become a legit NFL starting receiver? I know its probably too early to tell. I was wondering if he could be another Wesley Walker type - the are both about the same size (Walker is 6'0, 180 while Sanzebacher is 5"11 and 180) I will say I was impressed that Sanzenbacher took a real hard shot by a Saints LB and he got right back up on his feet, seems a tough little guy...
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by O&B 78 »

Yes he has a chance if Cutler has a chance to get the ball to him
I read the back of the Book, You lose.
SHOW32
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by SHOW32 »

I have heard comparisons to Wes Welker, but I dont know of this Wesley Walker guy you speak of. :D

Dane dropped a huge 3rd down ball today.

Welker and Sanzenbacher are both white, slot receivers. Until Sanzenbacher does something, that is where their similiarities end.
ManBearPig
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

Jim Miller on postgame show: You can pull guys off the street that have better credentials than Dane Sanzenbacher.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

No Walker yet, but on a team that still believes Devin Hester is their primary receiver, he does have a chance. Unless he gets killed taking a shot over the middle!
go cubs go!
CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS »

Reggie wrote:Jim Miller on postgame show: You can pull guys off the street that have better credentials than Dane Sanzenbacher.
Wow, that's brutal. I know the Bears liked him in pre-season camp. I always liked him at OSU and he led the team in receiving last year, but again that's college. It will be interesting to see where his career goes...
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

And Jim Miller is a Michigan guy, former qb at MSU. Has a dislike for anyone from OSU. Enough said.
go cubs go!
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

deejay wrote:And Jim Miller is a Michigan guy, former qb at MSU. Has a dislike for anyone from OSU. Enough said.
Since when does Sparty hate Brutus? I do not think that Miller would say the same thing if Santonio Holmes was a Bear.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

Reggie wrote:Jim Miller on postgame show: You can pull guys off the street that have better credentials than Dane Sanzenbacher.
You can pull guys off the street that have better credentials than the Bears' offensive line. They are on pace to give up like 100 sacks...
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

Redbird CC Fan wrote:
You can pull guys off the street that have better credentials than the Bears' offensive line. They are on pace to give up like 100 sacks...
I think you can put up Fatheads of offensive linemen that could block better than the Bears' line. Troy Aikman said it best today when he said it does no good to keep eight in protection if they are not going to block anybody.
Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Sanzenbacher was a nothing recruit out of high school who still managed to get on the field as a freshman at Ohio State and then was voted team MVP as a senior. He doesn't have the size or speed you want from a receiver but he just makes plays. The perfect play to sum this guy up was the first touchdown Ohio State scored in the Sugar Bowl last year. Pryor fumbled into the end zone right in front of 4 or 5 Razorbacks but in Sanzenbacher came flying out of nowhere to grab the ball and score the touchdown. I would be happy to have him if I were a Bears fan.
You better hope the BIG institutes a mercy rule because we’re gonna drop 100
CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS »

Buckeyes1 wrote:Sanzenbacher was a nothing recruit out of high school who still managed to get on the field as a freshman at Ohio State and then was voted team MVP as a senior. He doesn't have the size or speed you want from a receiver but he just makes plays. The perfect play to sum this guy up was the first touchdown Ohio State scored in the Sugar Bowl last year. Pryor fumbled into the end zone right in front of 4 or 5 Razorbacks but in Sanzenbacher came flying out of nowhere to grab the ball and score the touchdown. I would be happy to have him if I were a Bears fan.
Well one things is for sure, with the Bears being so bad at receiver Sazenbacher will have a great chance to show if he belongs in the NFL...
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest »

He's no Jesse Holley :)
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson
soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

This thread describes the woes of the Bears. This is a 3rd rate receiver at best so I guess he fits right into the Bears plans.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
It's based on if you liked or didn't like their music...
soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

Jim Miller on postgame show: You can pull guys off the street that have better credentials than Dane Sanzenbacher.
I really enjoy Hub the best on The Score but Miller next in line for me. He usually tells it like it is.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
scubastevo
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)

Post by scubastevo »

Well this is also the same team that let Jim Miller be a starting QB. So by that they have a history of that type of thing.

Serious though the Bears WR talent pool is pretty weak and heck at this point he has as good a shot as the rest. At least he catches it unlike Hestor, Knox and Williams so far this year. Those 3 have been embarassing.
Wait til next year. 101 is the year!
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

scubastevo wrote:
Well this is also the same team that let Jim Miller be a starting QB. So by that they have a history of that type of thing.

Serious though the Bears WR talent pool is pretty weak and heck at this point he has as good a shot as the rest. At least he catches it unlike Hestor, Knox and Williams so far this year. Those 3 have been embarassing.
Did you watch the game on Sunday and not see Sanzenbacher drop a pass that killed a drive? A guy like him cannot afford to drop anything if he wants to stay in the league.
Beanie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Beanie »

Reggie wrote:
scubastevo wrote:

Did you watch the game on Sunday and not see Sanzenbacher drop a pass that killed a drive? A guy like him cannot afford to drop anything if he wants to stay in the league.
Bingo!
BradleyGargoyles.com
GargoyleFans.com
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Buckeyes1 wrote:Sanzenbacher was a nothing recruit out of high school who still managed to get on the field as a freshman at Ohio State and then was voted team MVP as a senior. He doesn't have the size or speed you want from a receiver but he just makes plays. The perfect play to sum this guy up was the first touchdown Ohio State scored in the Sugar Bowl last year. Pryor fumbled into the end zone right in front of 4 or 5 Razorbacks but in Sanzenbacher came flying out of nowhere to grab the ball and score the touchdown. I would be happy to have him if I were a Bears fan.
A bit biased on this one? :lol:

As othes have stated, drop of catchable pass on 3rd down vs Saints was bad. He won't have many more drops ... because he'll be gone if he keeps doing it.

I doubt Sanzenbacher turns out anything like Wes Welker, or even half as good as Tom Waddle!

http://www.nfl.com/player/tomwaddle/2503482/careerstats
Michelle Obama criticized Trump for utilizing cages that were built and used by ... Barrack Obama. You seriously can’t make this stuff up. . :lol:

It’s Barrack, not Barack. He built detention barracks so he should be called barrack.
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

I also watched the Eagles Jermy Macklin drop a third and short pass Sunday night from Kafka that literally cost them the game. No one should miss that one! Dane's catch was critical, but it wasn't a game breaker. Everyone can drop a pass and yes he needs to catch these, but he has potential to be a good receiver. Have yet to see any other Bear step up.
go cubs go!
farmerfan05
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by farmerfan05 »

deejay wrote:I also watched the Eagles Jermy Macklin drop a third and short pass Sunday night from Kafka that literally cost them the game. No one should miss that one! Dane's catch was critical, but it wasn't a game breaker. Everyone can drop a pass and yes he needs to catch these, but he has potential to be a good receiver. Have yet to see any other Bear step up.
The difference there is that Maclin is already an established player in the league. He's not going to be cut for dropping a pass. Also, he already had like 10 or 11 catches in the game if I recall correctly. He was carrying the Philly offense.
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

farmerfan05 wrote:
deejay wrote:I also watched the Eagles Jermy Macklin drop a third and short pass Sunday night from Kafka that literally cost them the game. No one should miss that one! Dane's catch was critical, but it wasn't a game breaker. Everyone can drop a pass and yes he needs to catch these, but he has potential to be a good receiver. Have yet to see any other Bear step up.
The difference there is that Maclin is already an established player in the league. He's not going to be cut for dropping a pass. Also, he already had like 10 or 11 catches in the game if I recall correctly. He was carrying the Philly offense.
The day we start comparing Dane Sanzenbacher to Jeremy Macklin is the day we start comparing Max Hall to Phillip Rivers.
Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Buckeyes1 »

I think the only people who hate the Bears more than Packers fans are Bears fans. Brian Urlacher is about the only Bear that doesn't get complained about on here.
You better hope the BIG institutes a mercy rule because we’re gonna drop 100
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

Buckeyes1 wrote:I think the only people who hate the Bears more than Packers fans are Bears fans. Brian Urlacher is about the only Bear that doesn't get complained about on here.
So Bears fans hate the Bears because they are not willing to say that a borderline NFL/AFL receiver is not the second coming of Jerry Rice? C'mon, Buckeyes. If Sanzenbacher was not from Ohio State you would care less what was being said about him. Perhaps the real issue is people who cannot come to grips with the fact that every player who comes from their favorite college is perhaps not NFL material, regardless of what they did in college.
soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

I love you as a poster Buckeye but Reggie is right. If not for the Bears having below average talent at WR he would not even be on a roster in the NFL.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus