Dane Sanzenbacher

For the civil discussion of pro sports
User avatar
Buckeyes1
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5678
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:03 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by Buckeyes1 »

Reggie wrote:
Buckeyes1 wrote:I think the only people who hate the Bears more than Packers fans are Bears fans. Brian Urlacher is about the only Bear that doesn't get complained about on here.
So Bears fans hate the Bears because they are not willing to say that a borderline NFL/AFL receiver is not the second coming of Jerry Rice? C'mon, Buckeyes. If Sanzenbacher was not from Ohio State you would care less what was being said about him. Perhaps the real issue is people who cannot come to grips with the fact that every player who comes from their favorite college is perhaps not NFL material, regardless of what they did in college.
Roy Williams drops a touchdown and two plays later Sanzenbacher catches one on third down. You're right this guy is trash.
You better hope the BIG institutes a mercy rule because we’re gonna drop 100
User avatar
farmerfan05
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:24 pm
Location: Moline

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by farmerfan05 »

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Reggie wrote:
Buckeyes1 wrote:I think the only people who hate the Bears more than Packers fans are Bears fans. Brian Urlacher is about the only Bear that doesn't get complained about on here.
So Bears fans hate the Bears because they are not willing to say that a borderline NFL/AFL receiver is not the second coming of Jerry Rice? C'mon, Buckeyes. If Sanzenbacher was not from Ohio State you would care less what was being said about him. Perhaps the real issue is people who cannot come to grips with the fact that every player who comes from their favorite college is perhaps not NFL material, regardless of what they did in college.
Roy Williams drops a touchdown and two plays later Sanzenbacher catches one on third down. You're right this guy is trash.
No one said Roy Williams is a HOF'er either. Look at how far he has dropped since he came into the NFL because he drops balls. Him being the Bears #1 is very telling of how sad the Bears WR corps is.

Sanzenbacher doesn't have the size or speed of most NFL WRs, so back to what was originally said, he can't afford to drop balls.
User avatar
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 8170
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:40 pm
Location: Butcher Hollow, KY

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by Reggie »

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Reggie wrote:
Buckeyes1 wrote:I think the only people who hate the Bears more than Packers fans are Bears fans. Brian Urlacher is about the only Bear that doesn't get complained about on here.
So Bears fans hate the Bears because they are not willing to say that a borderline NFL/AFL receiver is not the second coming of Jerry Rice? C'mon, Buckeyes. If Sanzenbacher was not from Ohio State you would care less what was being said about him. Perhaps the real issue is people who cannot come to grips with the fact that every player who comes from their favorite college is perhaps not NFL material, regardless of what they did in college.
Roy Williams drops a touchdown and two plays later Sanzenbacher catches one on third down. You're right this guy is trash.
You are correct- Roy Williams is trash. Hopefully Sanzenbacher thanked Williams for the opportunity he afforded him. :lol:
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
User avatar
illini25
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 8593
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:09 am

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by illini25 »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/chicago/ber ... hon=602,il

This is the receiving corps that had coaches and executives so excited, this bargain-basement collection of shrimps, wimps and gimps?


Dane Sanzenbacher is a player no NFL team wanted, despite seven rounds of chances to prove otherwise. He is small and slow. Yes, he's smart, but so is Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Michelle Obama criticized Trump for utilizing cages that were built and used by ... Barrack Obama. You seriously can’t make this stuff up. . :lol:

It’s Barrack, not Barack. He built detention barracks so he should be called barrack.
User avatar
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 8170
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:40 pm
Location: Butcher Hollow, KY

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by Reggie »

illini25 wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/chicago/ber ... hon=602,il

This is the receiving corps that had coaches and executives so excited, this bargain-basement collection of shrimps, wimps and gimps?


Dane Sanzenbacher is a player no NFL team wanted, despite seven rounds of chances to prove otherwise. He is small and slow. Yes, he's smart, but so is Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
And this awesome assessment of Roy Williams from the same blog:

During the summer, Martz called Roy Williams an "elite" receiver, and predicted that he'd be good for 70-80 catches this year. Martz also, I believe, called the Ford Pinto "stylish and safe," referred to "Blues Brothers 2000" as "a towering cinematic achievement — a great, great American film," and described Hostess Sno-Balls as being "rich in antioxidants."

Williams had better still be hurt, because if not…hoo, boy. He would not want to race Julius Peppers right now. Or maybe even Lance Louis. Or Virginia McCaskey.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
User avatar
Beanie
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 15554
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:12 pm
Location: Morton

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by Beanie »

illini25 wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/chicago/ber ... hon=602,il

This is the receiving corps that had coaches and executives so excited, this bargain-basement collection of shrimps, wimps and gimps?


Dane Sanzenbacher is a player no NFL team wanted, despite seven rounds of chances to prove otherwise. He is small and slow. Yes, he's smart, but so is Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Sanzenbacher isn't the first un-drafted free agent to play in the NFL. I would have assumed that we've moved past the belief that if you weren't drafted, you can't play in the league. If he gets open and Cutler trusts him, I don't care how small or slow he is. He appears to be able to catch the ball when he's standing uncovered in the end zone.
BradleyGargoyles.com
GargoyleFans.com
User avatar
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 8170
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:40 pm
Location: Butcher Hollow, KY

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by Reggie »

Beanie wrote:Sanzenbacher isn't the first un-drafted free agent to play in the NFL. I would have assumed that we've moved past the belief that if you weren't drafted, you can't play in the league. If he gets open and Cutler trusts him, I don't care how small or slow he is. He appears to be able to catch the ball when he's standing uncovered in the end zone.
And this is no small feat for a Bears receiver.

I was thinking the other day that the only Bears receiver who might have turned into an elite receiver in my lifetime (started watching Bears early in Walter Payton's career) was Marcus Robinson. I think he might have been a very good or great receiver had he not suffered a devastating knee injury early on that took away his speed and leaping ability. Other than him it has been a steady progression of possession receivers like Marty Booker and such.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
salz4life
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 9236
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:24 pm
Location: Fox Lake, Illinois

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by salz4life »

My only dislike for Sanzenbacher lies in his choice of where to play his college football :)

It's not like he is taking playing time and catches away from Jerry Rice, Steve Largent and Lynn Swann. He's been a solid player for the Bears so far. Let's see if he can develop.
"The Pack Leader"
User avatar
pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5223
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:15 pm
Location: Columbia, MO

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by pndbaseball12 »

Reggie wrote:
Beanie wrote:Sanzenbacher isn't the first un-drafted free agent to play in the NFL. I would have assumed that we've moved past the belief that if you weren't drafted, you can't play in the league. If he gets open and Cutler trusts him, I don't care how small or slow he is. He appears to be able to catch the ball when he's standing uncovered in the end zone.
And this is no small feat for a Bears receiver.

I was thinking the other day that the only Bears receiver who might have turned into an elite receiver in my lifetime (started watching Bears early in Walter Payton's career) was Marcus Robinson. I think he might have been a very good or great receiver had he not suffered a devastating knee injury early on that took away his speed and leaping ability. Other than him it has been a steady progression of possession receivers like Marty Booker and such.
I think Bernard Berrian had the chance to be a big play receiver. Also Arromashadu(sp?) started to have a bright side. I dont know, I think the problem is is that we havent had a real offense since Walter Payton and Jim McMahon ran things. I mean honestly, can you really think of a Bears team since then that has had a decent offense?
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda
User avatar
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 8170
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:40 pm
Location: Butcher Hollow, KY

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by Reggie »

pndbaseball12 wrote:I think Bernard Berrian had the chance to be a big play receiver. Also Arromashadu(sp?) started to have a bright side. I dont know, I think the problem is is that we havent had a real offense since Walter Payton and Jim McMahon ran things. I mean honestly, can you really think of a Bears team since then that has had a decent offense?
Watching Rex Grossman last night I kept thinking about how he was never the same once Berrian left Chicago. I am not saying things would have been different, but without a threat to stretch the field the defenses were able to take away the short to intermediate routes and when Rex had to throw into traffic... :gagr

The NFL is a passing league and for whatever reason the Bears have never embraced this. They are stuck in the old mindset that a team has to run the ball, play good defense, and excel on special teams to win. These are all good things, but a team has to be able to pass the ball and part of that includes having outstanding protection and receivers who can get open. These are areas in which the Bears always fall short.

I am sick and tired of the Bears organization and numerous talking heads keep saying that with the cold weather in Chicago that the Bears have to be a running team to have success. Gee, I do not think it is any warmer in Chicago than in Green Bay yet that organization has managed to put together a top-flight offense for almost two decades now. Quit with the excuses and get into the 21st century!
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
User avatar
SHOW32
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 2281
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:02 pm

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by SHOW32 »

Rex was treated unfairly in Chicago by uneducated fans and overzealous media.

I will always support Rextasy.

Just my opinion.
ManBearPig
User avatar
pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5223
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:15 pm
Location: Columbia, MO

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by pndbaseball12 »

SHOW32 wrote:Rex was treated unfairly in Chicago by uneducated fans and overzealous media.
Agree, and thats how most chicago professional athletes are treated. I was talking to a friend of mine about the Bartman 30 for 30 airing tonight and kept saying it is going to show how truly neanderthal chicago sports fans can be. At least thats what it looked like in the excerpts they should on outside the lines this afternoon.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda
User avatar
illini25
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 8593
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:09 am

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by illini25 »

pndbaseball12 wrote:
Reggie wrote:
Beanie wrote:Sanzenbacher isn't the first un-drafted free agent to play in the NFL. I would have assumed that we've moved past the belief that if you weren't drafted, you can't play in the league. If he gets open and Cutler trusts him, I don't care how small or slow he is. He appears to be able to catch the ball when he's standing uncovered in the end zone.
And this is no small feat for a Bears receiver.

I was thinking the other day that the only Bears receiver who might have turned into an elite receiver in my lifetime (started watching Bears early in Walter Payton's career) was Marcus Robinson. I think he might have been a very good or great receiver had he not suffered a devastating knee injury early on that took away his speed and leaping ability. Other than him it has been a steady progression of possession receivers like Marty Booker and such.
I think Bernard Berrian had the chance to be a big play receiver. Also Arromashadu(sp?) started to have a bright side. I dont know, I think the problem is is that we havent had a real offense since Walter Payton and Jim McMahon ran things. I mean honestly, can you really think of a Bears team since then that has had a decent offense?
1995 Bears offense was very good. Problem that year was an atypical Bears defense. Erik Kramer threw for over 3,800 yards with 29 TDs (only 10 INTs), Curtis Conway and Jeff Graham were BOTH OVER 1,000 yards receiving, Rashaan Salaam rushed for more than 1,000 yards and Robert Green rushed for more than 500 yards. Finished season 9-7 with offense directed by RON TURNER finishing 8th in scoring. However, the defense finished 22nd in scoring.

FYI- Kramer was sacked just 15 times in 1995. Cutler gets sacked 15 times in 2 or 3 games.
Michelle Obama criticized Trump for utilizing cages that were built and used by ... Barrack Obama. You seriously can’t make this stuff up. . :lol:

It’s Barrack, not Barack. He built detention barracks so he should be called barrack.
User avatar
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 8170
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:40 pm
Location: Butcher Hollow, KY

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by Reggie »

illini25 wrote:1995 Bears offense was very good. Problem that year was an atypical Bears defense. Erik Kramer threw for over 3,800 yards with 29 TDs (only 10 INTs), Curtis Conway and Jeff Graham were BOTH OVER 1,000 yards receiving, Rashaan Salaam rushed for more than 1,000 yards and Robert Green rushed for more than 500 yards. Finished season 9-7 with offense directed by RON TURNER finishing 8th in scoring. However, the defense finished 22nd in scoring.

FYI- Kramer was sacked just 15 times in 1995. Cutler gets sacked 15 times in 2 or 3 games.
And the following year Wanny brought in Bryan Cox as the "final piece" to the Super Bowl puzzle. :lol:
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
User avatar
illini25
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 8593
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:09 am

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by illini25 »

Sanzenbacher thrown to twice today, both on 3rd and short.

One catch for 22 yards and one drop when the ball hit hiim in both hands. Fifty percent doesn't cut it in the NFL.
Michelle Obama criticized Trump for utilizing cages that were built and used by ... Barrack Obama. You seriously can’t make this stuff up. . :lol:

It’s Barrack, not Barack. He built detention barracks so he should be called barrack.
User avatar
soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 12163
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:26 am

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by soccerforever »

One catch for 22 yards and one drop when the ball hit hiim in both hands. Fifty percent doesn't cut it in the NFL.
He has to catch the second one.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
It's based on if you liked or didn't like their music...
deejay
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5661
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:16 pm
Location: Morton, Illinois

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by deejay »

Roy Williams will drop his next one, so they will be even!
go cubs go!
User avatar
illini25
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 8593
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:09 am

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by illini25 »

deejay wrote:Roy Williams will drop his next one, so they will be even!
Sanzenbacher makes Williams look good.
Michelle Obama criticized Trump for utilizing cages that were built and used by ... Barrack Obama. You seriously can’t make this stuff up. . :lol:

It’s Barrack, not Barack. He built detention barracks so he should be called barrack.
CIS
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 4092
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: Dane Sanzenbacher

Post by CIS »

illini25 wrote:
deejay wrote:Roy Williams will drop his next one, so they will be even!
Sanzenbacher makes Williams look good.
not sure if Sanzenbacher is going to stick around but Roy Williams today? ONE catch for 15 yards - guess its going to take time to learn the system (although I thought it was the same system he had when he was in Detroit?) and I guess its going to take more time to get in shape... :roll:
Post Reply