Please don't shoot the messanger....(Albert Pujols related)

For the civil discussion of pro sports
BAM
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Please don't shoot the messanger....(Albert Pujols related)

Post by BAM »

(I'm talking about you Tknup) With my connections in the sporting world...I had a rumor mentioned to me today. Albert Pujols will wind up with the White Sox along with TL as manager. A sports journalist ( I will get the name tomorrow) nailed it on Ozzie going to Florida waaaaay ahead of everybody. This same reprter is saying this about Albert. Anybody else heard this report. I apologize for not having the journalist name but should have more info tomorrow. I was speaking to the Father of this journalist

Well Bird fans...What ya think???
I will not mention Tknup....I will not mention Tknup....I will not mention Tknup....I will not mention Tknup....I will not mention Tknup....I will not mention Tknup....I will not mention Tknup....I will not mention Tknup....I wiill not mention Tknup.....
tknup
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Please don't shoot the messanger....(Albert Pujols related)

Post by tknup »

It is a rumor like the thousands before it. If it comes to fruition, so be it.

I am on record as not wanting to mortgage the future for Albert.
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

I will be shocked if he goes anywhere. As a Cubs fans I hope the Cubs make a serious run at him so they at very least make the Cardinals overpay for his services.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Albert already has millions in deferred money, so he is set after he retires. I can't see money being the issue and I think he stays in St. Louis.
go cubs go!
soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

A sports journalist ( I will get the name tomorrow) nailed it on Ozzie going to Florida waaaaay ahead of everybody.

The Chicago sports writers starting on this around January of 2010. He was always going to Florida. It was just when. As far as the White Sox rumour goes, I'm not sure how they could do it. They want to cut the payroll down a bit and are stuck with some contracts that they can't move.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
It's based on if you liked or didn't like their music...
soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

As deejay just posted. I don't see him going anywhere.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
Arthur Digby Sellers
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by Arthur Digby Sellers »

Not trying to shoot the messenger (or deride you or your source), but that sounds like a farcical rumor. As for the source claiming Ozzie to the Marlins, that rumor has been floating around for years, so I don't take much credence in the scoop ability of someone nailing that one. I highly doubt the Sox are willing to spend that much money, or that they would be Albert's or Tony's favored choice over St. Louis (or a number of other teams, for that matter).
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

BAM wrote:(I'm talking about you Tknup) With my connections in the sporting world...I had a rumor mentioned to me today. Albert Pujols will wind up with the White Sox along with TL as manager. A sports journalist ( I will get the name tomorrow) nailed it on Ozzie going to Florida waaaaay ahead of everybody. This same reporter is saying this about Albert. Anybody else heard this report. I apologize for not having the journalist name but should have more info tomorrow. I was speaking to the Father of this journalist

Well Bird fans...What ya think???
I don't honestly seeing it happen. The White Sox already have two players on their roster who can play 1B in Dunn and Konerko. Unless they get rid of one of them (obviously a better chance of getting rid of Konerko than Dunn after this season), I don't see the White Sox going after Pujols. I still say the likely place he goes (if he doesn't re-sign with the Cards) is the Angels, although I wouldn't be surprised to see teams like the Nationals and Marlins make a play for him as well. I do agree with tknup that i wouldn't wanna mortgage the future to keep him.
soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

I think 4 of us responded with partially the same response about the same time. :td
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

BAM wrote:Of course I won't get credit for this but I called this early in the season when AP started out in a slump.
And now he will do nothing in the playoffs and get paid rediculous money (and it won't be for the birds)
As you just recently posted this about Pujols in another thread, I will take your word about Pujols abilities and future with a grain of salt. He is now hitting .412 in the playoffs (after going 0-4 today), against the team with the best pitching in baseball.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32
Prodigal Son
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Prodigal Son »

Albert Pujpls will wear a Cubs uniform next year!
scubastevo
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)

Post by scubastevo »

After seeing the Soriano and Dunn contracts. Chicago baseball has no business even entertaining a high salary signing like that. It will only end up in disaster.

I am no Cards fan by any means but I sort of want to see him stay and finish on the Cards. I just can't see him in another teams uniform.
Wait til next year. 101 is the year!
soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

After seeing the Soriano and Dunn contracts. Chicago baseball has no business even entertaining a high salary signing like that. It will only end up in disaster.

agree with this but the contract the White Sox did not have to do at the time was the Rios contract.
Last edited by soccerforever on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
MJG24

Post by MJG24 »

Great call/info/source as usual...

Keep that infatuation with Tony and Albert going.
Beanie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Beanie »

MJG24 wrote:Great call/info/source as usual...

Keep that infatuation with Tony and Albert going.
:td
BradleyGargoyles.com
GargoyleFans.com
soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

Every athletes goal is to win championships.
You want to pass around what you are smoking?
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
Prodigal Son wrote:Albert Pujpls will wear a Cubs uniform next year!
Cubs fans are :roll: for thinking they have a chance in he!! at signing Albert. Every athletes goal is to win championships. Nuff' said.

(Nuff' said.) Does that mean you are going to quit posting? OH HAPPY DAYS!!!
Beanie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Beanie »

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
Prodigal Son wrote:Albert Pujpls will wear a Cubs uniform next year!
Cubs fans are :roll: for thinking they have a chance in he!! at signing Albert. Every athletes goal is to win championships. Nuff' said.
Apparently everyone but the 25 guys on the Cubs roster?

I think if winning a championship was Pujols' only concern, then his extension would have been signed 8 months ago.
BradleyGargoyles.com
GargoyleFans.com
downstater1
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by downstater1 »

"You’re glad you don’t have to play here (Wrigley) for the whole year" - Albert Pujols, 2010.

Losing team + crappy facility = the Cubs would have to outbid every other contender BY A LONG SHOT to get him. Don't think it's going to happen.

If I were the Cubs ownership, I would forget about a big FA signing this year, take a chunk of the payroll money coming off the books this year, and use it to help towards renovation of Wrigley. There's not much of a foundation there to win next year, so get the young kids more experience and build up to put together a winner all around in three to five years.
Beanie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Beanie »

downstater1 wrote:"You’re glad you don’t have to play here (Wrigley) for the whole year" - Albert Pujols, 2010.

Losing team + crappy facility = the Cubs would have to outbid every other contender BY A LONG SHOT to get him. Don't think it's going to happen.
I only know one poster who has ever insinuated that he would end up with the Cubs, and I tend to think he just likes to stir things up.
BradleyGargoyles.com
GargoyleFans.com
Beanie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Beanie »

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
Beanie wrote:I think if winning a championship was Pujols' only concern, then his extension would have been signed 8 months ago.
St. Louis is not the only team in MLB where he'd have a great chance to win a champ., as well as make more $$ than the Cards have offered. By the way, the Cubs are not one of those teams.
I think the Angels are the only other team.
BradleyGargoyles.com
GargoyleFans.com
pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe

Post by pndbaseball12 »

downstater1 wrote:
If I were the Cubs ownership, I would forget about a big FA signing this year, take a chunk of the payroll money coming off the books this year, and use it to help towards renovation of Wrigley.
Renovating Wrigley Field is a lost cause. Its like putting lipstick on a pig, no matter how much you try the place is still going to be a dump, and Im a Cub fan. Yes there is history and I used to like going to games there before I was old enough to realize that its just a big outdoor bar where nobody really cares about the games, but from a players standpoint they have the worst facilities in the league hands down. The clubhouses are cramped, you have to go all the way out to right field to hit in a batting cage, too many day games, etc.

Ive said it once Ill say it again and again, tear down the upper deck at Wrigley and let college and high school teams play there. Its only a matter of time before the upper deck falls down anyway. Build a replica out in a close to the city suburb with a replica Wrigleyville. This way they can play as many night games as they want and the real fans will show up. This way the tourists can still go to Wrigley Field, you can still do Ballpark tours and you can still have the playing field used by local colleges and high schools. Until the Cubs can play on the same playing field facilities wise as the other 29 major league teams they wont win anything.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda
soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

This is also why the Cubs would like to land Theo. There are people in Chicago that believe Theo can get the job done on the 250 million the Cubs want for renovation to Wrigley Field.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus