Mid-Illini Conference

For the civil discussion of boys and girls golf.
baseballfan43
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Mid-Illini Conference

Post by baseballfan43 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:10 pm

Mid-Illini Conference tournament starts tomorrow....

Boys
9 a.m., Lick Creek Golf Course, Pekin

Morton comes into the conference tournament 7-0 in dual meets. Dunlap, East Peoria and host Pekin all finished 5-2 in conference. Drake Bushong (Pekin) David Perkins and Jake Plummer (East Peoria), Devon Liberty (Dunlap), Pete and Tommy Kuhl (Morton) should be favorites for the individual title. Morton and East Peoria should be favorites for the team title..

pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Mid-Illini Conference

Post by pndbaseball12 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:17 pm

The mid illini has such a good group of courses they could use for the conference tournament. Pekin has Lick Creek, Washington/Morton have Pine Lakes, Limestone I'm sure could host it at Coyote Creek, Canton Country Club is a nice track from what my dad has told me, Metamora has Metamora Fields, East Peoria has Quail Meadows which isn't spectacular but it's better than most of the Peoria courses, and I guess Dunlap could use Kellogg which is the nicest of the PPD courses.

Lick is the toughest test out of all of them but it's nice that all the schools have a course that could legitimately host a conference tournament.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda

braves2011
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by braves2011 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:37 pm

pndbaseball12 wrote:The mid illini has such a good group of courses they could use for the conference tournament. Pekin has Lick Creek, Washington/Morton have Pine Lakes, Limestone I'm sure could host it at Coyote Creek, Canton Country Club is a nice track from what my dad has told me, Metamora has Metamora Fields, East Peoria has Quail Meadows which isn't spectacular but it's better than most of the Peoria courses, and I guess Dunlap could use Kellogg which is the nicest of the PPD courses.

Lick is the toughest test out of all of them but it's nice that all the schools have a course that could legitimately host a conference tournament.
Unfortunately, Canton Country Club was shut down 5-6 years ago. Canton's home course now is Wee-ma-tuk. I grew up playing canton country club and it was a nice course when it was open

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:30 am

Washington's home course is Fair Lakes in Secor for some reason. Guessing easier to schedule.
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Congrats to Pekin girls and Morton boys for winning the conference golf tourney....

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:38 pm

Congrats to East Peoria for winning their first golf regional. Pekin tied for first at their regional while Dunlap got second at their regional