NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

For the civil discussion of pro sports
young guns
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:47 am
Location: Morton/East Peoria

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by young guns » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:48 pm

BEARS!!!

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6799
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by Redbird CC Fan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:49 pm

Lefty wrote:
Lefty wrote:
Redbird CC Fan wrote:Critical defensive penalty in 5, 4...

certainly hope so :)


could have called a penalty there ;)
They must have thought it was third down. :)
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

Lefty
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6663
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:47 am

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by Lefty » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:49 pm

dogsrus wrote::td

thought you went to bed ;)

User avatar
dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 11760
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:49 pm

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by dogsrus » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:50 pm

Lefty wrote:
dogsrus wrote::td

thought you went to bed ;)
You don't think I have a TV there....? :lol:
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

Lefty
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6663
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:47 am

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by Lefty » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:51 pm

I told you guys…..The Packers just are not playing good football at all…..especially on offense, although the D gave up way too many big plays tonight.

Kind of wishing I hadn't bought tickets to go to Arizona now day after Christmas :x

User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 15306
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm
Location: Petersburg
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:52 pm

young guns wrote:BEARS!!!

young guns
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:47 am
Location: Morton/East Peoria

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by young guns » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:54 pm

Lefty wrote:I told you guys…..The Packers just are not playing good football at all…..especially on offense, although the D gave up way too many big plays tonight.

Kind of wishing I hadn't bought tickets to go to Arizona now day after Christmas :x
No credit to the Bears?

young guns
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:47 am
Location: Morton/East Peoria

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by young guns » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:54 pm

Ha.. Porter didn't want much turkey cause he's already full of cheese!
Last edited by young guns on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JD
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6215
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:59 pm
Location: Heartland

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by JD » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:56 pm

I just hope this loss is embarrassing enough to get people fired. Disgraceful effort on an historic night.

Absolute collapse this season.
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6799
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by Redbird CC Fan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:57 pm

Was Lacy hurt again? Seems like the Packers went pass happy in the second half while Lacy was still very effective?
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

User avatar
illini25
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 8085
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:09 am
Location: Rikers Island

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by illini25 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:04 pm

Redbird CC Fan wrote:Was Lacy hurt again? Seems like the Packers went pass happy in the second half while Lacy was still very effective?
Maybe they were worried big boy would cough it up again. His fumble changed the game as did the Packers bad snap in the third. Those 2 plays changed everything.
This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

Lefty
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6663
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:47 am

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by Lefty » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:07 pm

young guns wrote:
Lefty wrote:I told you guys…..The Packers just are not playing good football at all…..especially on offense, although the D gave up way too many big plays tonight.

Kind of wishing I hadn't bought tickets to go to Arizona now day after Christmas :x
No credit to the Bears?

I didn't mean that really. But I've watched the Packers a long time and they are just not playing very well now. Ever since the bye week it seems like AR had not played with the confidence he usually does. Maybe he doesn't trust receivers or something. I don't know but they have not played well. They have been dominant at home and now have lost to Detroit and Chicago back to back. The Bears made plays tonight but it wasn't like they were world beaters. The Packers get a TD with 5 minutes left in the 1st qtr and don't score at all in the second half. That's terrible

Lefty
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6663
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:47 am

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by Lefty » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:09 pm

JD wrote:
Absolute collapse this season.
Agreed. I'm not sure what happened during the bye week

User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 15306
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm
Location: Petersburg
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by Bluejaygrad03 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:09 pm

Looking at the Bears remaining schedule, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they finish 8-8 if not 9-7. They have home games remaining against San Francisco, Washington, and Detroit and road games at Minnesota and Tampa Bay. With a record like that, they could potentially be contending for a wild card spot depending on how the teams ahead of them finish.

Lefty
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6663
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:47 am

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by Lefty » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:10 pm

illini25 wrote:
Redbird CC Fan wrote:Was Lacy hurt again? Seems like the Packers went pass happy in the second half while Lacy was still very effective?
Maybe they were worried big boy would cough it up again. His fumble changed the game as did the Packers bad snap in the third. Those 2 plays changed everything.
Yup. I always think the Packers have to get a turnover or two to win as well and that didn't happen tonight

blackshirt
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:25 pm

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by blackshirt » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:41 pm

JD wrote:I just hope this loss is embarrassing enough to get people fired. Disgraceful effort on an historic night.

Absolute collapse this season.
You do realize they are 7-4 right?

User avatar
JD
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6215
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:59 pm
Location: Heartland

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by JD » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:18 am

blackshirt wrote:
JD wrote:I just hope this loss is embarrassing enough to get people fired. Disgraceful effort on an historic night.

Absolute collapse this season.
You do realize they are 7-4 right?
Yes. They were 6-0. They've played one good team.
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”

Lefty
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6663
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:47 am

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by Lefty » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:21 am

blackshirt wrote:
JD wrote:I just hope this loss is embarrassing enough to get people fired. Disgraceful effort on an historic night.

Absolute collapse this season.
You do realize they are 7-4 right?
Losing 4 of 5 including 2 home games when you are heavily favored seems to justify a collapse. I thought maybe winning in Minnesota might get the Packers back on track…….but now it looks like that game is the fluke

User avatar
JD
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6215
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:59 pm
Location: Heartland

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by JD » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:28 am

Lefty wrote:
blackshirt wrote:
JD wrote:I just hope this loss is embarrassing enough to get people fired. Disgraceful effort on an historic night.

Absolute collapse this season.
You do realize they are 7-4 right?
Losing 4 of 5 including 2 home games when you are heavily favored seems to justify a collapse. I thought maybe winning in Minnesota might get the Packers back on track…….but now it looks like that game is the fluke
Yep. You have to hope we can get a good draft pick, make some organizational changes, and use free agency to get out of this.
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”

blackshirt
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:25 pm

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by blackshirt » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:03 am

So if they win the division will this season be embarrassing ?

Lefty
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6663
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:47 am

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by Lefty » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:40 am

blackshirt wrote:So if they win the division will this season be embarrassing ?

If somehow they come out of this and start playing well then it won't be embarrassing...maybe end up with 5 losses or so. I just don't see it happening. it certainly looks like anyone can beat them at home now and they have road games at Oakland, Arizona, and Detroit...

It just doesn't look like a turnaround is coming

User avatar
JD
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6215
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:59 pm
Location: Heartland

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by JD » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:45 am

blackshirt wrote:So if they win the division will this season be embarrassing ?
Winning the Super Bowl is all that matters in the end.

IF they could win the division and win at least one game in playoffs It might save jobs.

I have zero expectations at this point. We've lost to Detroit and Chicago, at home. That alone should get McCarthy fired.

User avatar
firefighter13
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)
Posts: 1865
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by firefighter13 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:34 am

JD wrote:
blackshirt wrote:So if they win the division will this season be embarrassing ?
Winning the Super Bowl is all that matters in the end.

IF they could win the division and win at least one game in playoffs It might save jobs.

I have zero expectations at this point. We've lost to Detroit and Chicago, at home. That alone should get McCarthy fired.

First world NFL problems. Ha ha.

I don't get it. GB lost their number 1 wide receiver in training camp, their defense is crap on a stick, and Eddie Lacy can't seem to stop eating and start exercising.

So why would GB fans act like they are entitled, and why do coaches need to get fired?

They are 7-4 right now. Not a bad place to be. All is not lost.
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

Lefty
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6663
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:47 am

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by Lefty » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:46 am

firefighter13 wrote:
JD wrote:
blackshirt wrote:So if they win the division will this season be embarrassing ?
Winning the Super Bowl is all that matters in the end.

IF they could win the division and win at least one game in playoffs It might save jobs.

I have zero expectations at this point. We've lost to Detroit and Chicago, at home. That alone should get McCarthy fired.

First world NFL problems. Ha ha.

I don't get it. GB lost their number 1 wide receiver in training camp, their defense is crap on a stick, and Eddie Lacy can't seem to stop eating and start exercising.

So why would GB fans act like they are entitled, and why do coaches need to get fired?

They are 7-4 right now. Not a bad place to be. All is not lost.
I don't think their defense has been all that bad......I mean, I don't trust them at the end of the game most of the time but they have done a good job overall holding opponents to 20 and under......and they lost 2 of those games at home....which is unacceptable IMO....

and there are certainly some years where 7-4 would be ok.....but not after starting 6-0.......

User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 21759
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: NFL Week 12 (Nov. 26-30) thread

Post by tribecalledquest » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:53 am

illini25 wrote:Tribe, I agree that would help. I still think old fat guys trying to stay up with these fast massive athletes is the biggest problem.
Agreed as well.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests