Dunlap vs Washington

For the civil discussion of large school football.
cutter752
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Re: Dunlap vs Washington

Post by cutter752 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:30 pm

4MBirdz wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:40 pm
ZDE210 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:47 pm
Watching Washington try to run the ball against Dunlap reminded me of how it used to be when teams would try to run against Metamora. Thoroughly impressive job by Teague Dentino to get those guys to be so stingy on defense. Don't know that it will be enough this week, but what a group. Completely deserve to be in the title game.
Maybe Teague Dentino will come back home to Metamora to coach once Pat Ryan decides to retire from coaching.
One can hope.
Unfortunately, not a chance.....The next Birds football coach will be chosen from the list of current asst coaches. Politics....

Ridiculousredbirds
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Ridiculousredbirds » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:30 am

Why would he come to metamora and be berated by the coaches in the stands and the fans on here when something doesnt go thier way??

Teagues doin a great job over there and obviously has some great athletes(plural, more than one or two) on defense, something metamora has been lackin on the team in general for quite a few yrs.

Phillips will be an eye opener to dunlap. The weak mid illini doesnt prepare them for whats to come.

MadHatter555
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by MadHatter555 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:17 pm

Congrats to the Eagles. They were 100% prepared, and their size and athleticism was more than the Panthers could handle. I think they have a great shot against Phillips, as their defense should be able to keep them in a game against any 5a team I have seen. I hope their offense plays better Saturday, as they left some points on the board last week, and I don't know that they can afford to do so this week.
:td

Oskee
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Oskee » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Ridiculousredbirds wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:30 am
The weak mid illini doesnt prepare them for whats to come.
Since the undefeated Mid-Illini Champion just played the Mid-Illini 2nd place team in the State Semi game, what downstate 5A conference would you prefer they play in to prepare for a deep playoff run? :scratch

Ridiculousredbirds
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Ridiculousredbirds » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:25 pm

I believe i said it doesnt prepare them for what they will face saturday. Didnt the 3rd best team in the mid illini get run all over by the 5th best team in the big 12? And that same 5th best team played washington well the following week. Shows how weak the south bracket and 5a in general was this year. So take advantage of it, which they have.

muss
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by muss » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:51 pm

MadHatter555 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:17 pm
Congrats to the Eagles. They were 100% prepared, and their size and athleticism was more than the Panthers could handle. I think they have a great shot against Phillips, as their defense should be able to keep them in a game against any 5a team I have seen. I hope their offense plays better Saturday, as they left some points on the board last week, and I don't know that they can afford to do so this week.
Any 5a team you have seen? You haven't seen Phillips have you? lol. That's exactly what I thought about Sterling, until Phillips put 27 on the board, we had them 7-6 at half time! The key to beating Phillips is getting points on the board against that brick wall quick defense! Good luck Saturday! Hope you can do it!

Concerned
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Concerned » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:10 am

Go Dunlap, y'all got this, 309 represent!!!

Gdawg1095
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Gdawg1095 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:42 am

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:25 pm
I believe i said it doesnt prepare them for what they will face saturday. Didnt the 3rd best team in the mid illini get run all over by the 5th best team in the big 12? And that same 5th best team played washington well the following week. Shows how weak the south bracket and 5a in general was this year. So take advantage of it, which they have.
Kind of? Morton was up 28-14 before a few key injuries... No excuse I think again play calling and adjustments in the second half was probably the issue but that game got out of hand late it was no where near a blowout...

LarryBird
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by LarryBird » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Gdawg1095 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:42 am
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:25 pm
Kind of? Morton was up 28-14 before a few key injuries... No excuse I think again play calling and adjustments in the second half was probably the issue but that game got out of hand late it was no where near a blowout...
There were a few teams in the big 12 that are above 5a who were really good this year. Richwoods was as good as all the top 5a teams in the conference. We will find out Saturday but I think the football played in Central IL was as good as I have ever seen.
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

muss
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by muss » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Well, Lemont and Sterling each lost to Phillips by 12 and 13 points, each less than two touchdowns, competitive, but obvious the better team won, that was the best the north bracket had IMO, It will be interesting to see if Dunlap can hang in the game or possibly win to somewhat compare brackets.

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:28 pm

MaxPreps rates Dunlap as number 20 in the state all classes and Chicago Phillips number 5.

Gdawg1095
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Gdawg1095 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Max preps ranks basically solely on record and a bunch of comparable opponents and SOS besides like the top 25 in the country that actually get watched and scouted as a team every game. No matter how good a down state team is, they can not be ranked too high on max preps due to the inability to schedule the way chicago teams in 5a can. Philips played a top tier 8a team out of conference, and won. Downstate teams don't generally have that ability. Early in the year i saw people talking about soccer rankings on there and 3 Illinois class 2a teams were ranked in the top 10 nationally. None of which were even good teams, i'd be surprised if its anything more than a rather simple algorithm...