Great googily moogily!!!

For the civil discussion of large school football.
GoBirdsGo II
All World
All World

Great googily moogily!!!

Post by GoBirdsGo II » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:26 pm

Let's say Soucie's district model for Pekin holds true. I was wondering what their travel now, to travel in two years, would look like. Like I said, better start having those bake sales now for some charter buses. Also, districts would absolutely nullify any student fans. What parent is going to let their kid be on the road at 1:00-2:00 am in the morning??????

Pekin's travel to Mid Illini schools: 122.4 miles

Pekin's travel to proposed district: 1,118.9(1,177.9 if they take the interstate to Quincy)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have a hard time thinking some school's administrations, who are in a very similar pickle as Pekin is in now, won't maybe consider the added expenses(certainly in regards to fuel cost) aren't worth it and since funding is already tight, possibly drop Football or go to Eight man to avoid the new IHSA proposal???
I'm no President Trump fan but thank you sir for your comments in regard to the NFL and those protesting our nations anthem. You were spot on!!!

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Great googily moogily!!!

Post by O&B 78 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:45 am

I saw somewhere there is another measure possibly up for vote next year to undo this disaster of a plan.
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

The Truth Be Told
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Re: Great googily moogily!!!

Post by The Truth Be Told » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:17 am

.Sports Radio 1450 in Springfield had an interview with San Knox of the IHSA the other day on districts. Here is the podcast.

http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned ... &f=6353683