In Depth Game Preview: BU vs. IUPUI

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Re: In Depth Game Preview: BU vs. IUPUI

Post by shaunguth » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:53 am

jim beam wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 am
4) I blame Shaun for Mex leaving the boards. Sorry, I guess I didn't know we weren't supposed to do that.
How exactly did I make anyone leave the board? Was it my pointing out that one of the opponents newcomers managed to score more points than ANYONE on the Bradley team? Was it my pointing out he has blinders on, which has been apparent for some time now when he defends Wardle whenever someone even offers constructive criticism?
"There's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense."

bradley_townie
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by bradley_townie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:05 am

First time watching the team this year. We're only two games in and Koch is making a case for most improved player. Three rebounds shy of back to back double-doubles. He's developed a mid-range jumper(?). The DB zip pass would have bounced off Koch's hands in prior years and he handled it no problem.

Glad to see Eli feasting on lesser competition. He's gotta be averaging at least one poster a game.

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:35 am

jim beam wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 am
1) EC from the first possession established a presence in the paint. He will be able to live there against most teams.
2) This non sense of the kids deserve to slap hands with players, or its something that's important to them and they will remember, their future fandom depends on it etc. ^^. Kids deserve nothing. Take it away and they will still come to games. Entitling kids to anything is a huge mistake in this country. Who cares what's important to them.
3) BUFanatic said if we had hit all our 3's we would have scored over 100.
4) I blame Shaun for Mex leaving the boards. Sorry, I guess I didn't know we weren't supposed to do that.
Nobody said anyone was entitled to anything, the kids never started this thing, Bradley did and it seems like the players enjoy it, how many games do you actually attend because unless you are there you do not see what is going on down on the court.

dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:48 am

It’s a cool tradition that younger kids certainly
seem to enjoy...... you can see it
on their faces before, during and after.

I say replace then hand slap with the fist bump to cut down on the transfer of germs..... :gagr
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.

jim beam
All World
All World

Post by jim beam » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:50 am

I see it just fine. I dont care about it .if you would read, im taking issue with your assesment that its a good thing because the kids need it to ensure they become fans..the whole germ, thing..meh.
And shauns response to my sarcasm, tongue in cheek post is classic
Thanks J.J. for what I consider sound advice!

squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:11 am

Back to basketball. . .

Counting the exhibition vs. Millikin, the scoring outputs for the Braves are 91-81-90 for an average of 87.33 points per game.
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:22 am

squirrel wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:11 am
Back to basketball. . .

Counting the exhibition vs. Millikin, the scoring outputs for the Braves are 91-81-90 for an average of 87.33 points per game.
It will will be interesting to see how that holds up against better competition....although I'm not quite sure just how good the Valley will be again this season.

Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:31 pm

dogsrus wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:48 am
It’s a cool tradition that younger kids certainly
seem to enjoy...... you can see it
on their faces before, during and after.

I say replace then hand slap with the fist bump to cut down on the transfer of germs..... :gagr
I say go all in. Flu shots for the players and hugs for everyone.
"Once A Brave Always A Brave"

PH
All World
All World

Post by PH » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:07 pm

WEEK had a great angle for Eli’s poster:

Dallas Brave
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by Dallas Brave » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:46 pm

I love having game replays available on ESPN+ as I wasn't able to watch the game last night. Congrats to the Braves for their first win of the season. After the St. Joe's game, I dialed back my expectations and just plan to take it one game at a time ... but this team has the pieces to make this a great season. Hope it happens.

real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:11 pm

Dallas Brave wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:46 pm
I love having game replays available on ESPN+ as I wasn't able to watch the game last night. Congrats to the Braves for their first win of the season. After the St. Joe's game, I dialed back my expectations and just plan to take it one game at a time ... but this team has the pieces to make this a great season. Hope it happens.
They do, just need to play some games together and get use to one another on the floor so they can truly play team ball.

BradleyMathGrad
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by BradleyMathGrad » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:16 pm

I don't care what anyone else says. It was a phenomenal experience when I was a kid and I hope one day to take my kids down there to do the same thing.

I haven't seen another team across the country high-five kids around the court during starting lineups...and I "love" that we do something that no one else does (or at least very few do in case other teams do it). As far as traditions at Bradley go, this might be the one that I would be most discouraged about if we lost it.
Remember that atmosphere when we played against Michigan, having a stretch of play where it actually got loud enough that we forced them to call Timeout.

Let's get back to that.

shaunguth
All Universe
All Universe

Post by shaunguth » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:28 pm

BradleyMathGrad wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:16 pm
I haven't seen another team across the country high-five kids around the court during starting lineups...and I "love" that we do something that no one else does (or at least very few do in case other teams do it). As far as traditions at Bradley go, this might be the one that I would be most discouraged about if we lost it.
100% this!

VromanFan
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by VromanFan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:10 pm

BradleyMathGrad wrote:
I don't care what anyone else says. It was a phenomenal experience when I was a kid and I hope one day to take my kids down there to do the same thing.

MathGrad- while we are on different sides of this issue I thank you for this point and contributing to this ongoing dialogue.

During which seasons were you along the court during your youth?
Everyone's favorite poster!

"I don't think I've ever understood any of his posts"

the "style that they are written in draws me to read the whole thing and realize that I've wasted my time."

JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:21 pm

VromanFan wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:10 pm

VromanFan
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by VromanFan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:49 pm

shaunguth wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:28 pm
BradleyMathGrad wrote:
100% this!
Well Shaun, let’s get past our “feelings” and let’s talk some facts. I enrolled at Bradley University in the fall of 1995. During my four years on the Hilltop these were the facts for our Braves at Carver Arena:

46- Victories
9- Defeats
0- Kids on the court.

Is this desire to be included and validated a “millennial” or “post-millennial” thing? Were we just tougher back then? I don’t know, I’m just asking the questions. I do know back in 1996 Coach Mo wouldn’t have let those children on the court unless they knew how to box out and play vicious man defense. Dwayne Funches wouldn’t have let them on the court. I know us in the Molinarmy sure as heck wouldn’t. James Baptist might have been on the fence. But whatever.

What I find quite bumbling and troubling is that here we are on Veterans Day and I’m the only one who is suggesting that we have the troops line the court instead of the tikes. Can one love his country too much? Just asking questions...
Everyone's favorite poster!

"I don't think I've ever understood any of his posts"

the "style that they are written in draws me to read the whole thing and realize that I've wasted my time."

BradleyMathGrad

Post by BradleyMathGrad » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:14 am

VromanFan wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:10 pm
BradleyMathGrad wrote:

MathGrad- while we are on different sides of this issue I thank you for this point and contributing to this ongoing dialogue.

I would imagine I probably grew out of it as I approached high school. So I would guess anywhere in the years of 1998-2005
Remember that atmosphere when we played against Michigan, having a stretch of play where it actually got loud enough that we forced them to call Timeout.

Let's get back to that.

BeBrave
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)

Post by BeBrave » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:42 am

This thread :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make sure someone else starts the next game thread :lol:
Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Brian Wardle?

@J_Dub_Sep

squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:29 am

One of my nieces didn't want to do it because the players were sweaty and gross.
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler

bcg
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bcg » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:45 am

squirrel wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:29 am
One of my nieces didn't want to do it because the players were sweaty and gross.
My daughter loves going down to the court, but has no desire to high-five players. She loves seeing the other kids at the game. So between the pregame intros, the bouncy house and the dippin' dots, she's asking me when the next game is. It is nice not having to drag her to the home games anymore.