Mid-Illini Expectations

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
BLACK CAT
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Mid-Illini Expectations

Post by BLACK CAT »

What’s the skinny on the MI? Figuring Metamora should blaze through everyone. Panthers only return two starters. One is hurt and they will struggle until he returns.
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Re: Mid-Illini Expectations

Post by Cristobal »

Minus Lewis and playing the number 1 team in Illinois, I thought Washington did great. The Duke kid was great. All games yesterday were good, even Metamora.

Getting ready to go back up now.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy
Butler Blue
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Butler Blue »

Morton will be led by Beau Durbin. Otherwise, not a lot of Varsity experience. Looks like Freshman, Wes Gudeman, will play starter minutes.
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

Even though Metamora went 1-3 in the tournament, I believe they have a solid team. The tournament was a great learning experience for them and they will be hard to beat.

By the way, hats off to Kankakee for playing in the tournament with some players up north handling business. Especially when four starters weren’t at the tournament. They gave Metamora a game. They should do great when the entire team is together.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy
superfan309
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by superfan309 »

BLACK CAT wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:54 pm What’s the skinny on the MI? Figuring Metamora should blaze through everyone. Panthers only return two starters. One is hurt and they will struggle until he returns.
I see Washing has 3 Sr. starters which is encouraging. I am not a fan of a varsity lineup largely made up of sophomores and freshman. I think when you promote kids too fast they forget who they are and fall into a role when they can develop multiple skills at the Fr/Soph level. If they are game changers then yes promote them.
superfan309

Post by superfan309 »

Meta/Morton/Washington games have been excellent and fun to watch. Thanks Clutchsports.

I did go to the Wash v Meta at Wash and it was a bit boring for first 3 quarters.

Post season Meta will probably be in a different regional than Wash/Morton.

Too bad we can't have 4 games between these 3 teams.
metfan
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by metfan »

superfan309 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:45 am Meta/Morton/Washington games have been excellent and fun to watch. Thanks Clutchsports.

I did go to the Wash v Meta at Wash and it was a bit boring for first 3 quarters.

Post season Meta will probably be in a different regional than Wash/Morton.

Too bad we can't have 4 games between these 3 teams.
Morton is in a different sectional. Meta and Wash could possibly be in same regional. Regional Host are Limestone and Richwoods for their sub sectional.
https://www.ihsa.org/Sports-Activities/ ... assign.htm
"When you do what you love, and love what you do, you'll have success your whole life through!"
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

Peoria area regional Is packed with great teams. Tough wins. I will say that a Peoria area team will win the Bradley Sectionals.

The only team in the area that has a good run to super sectional is Morton. Biggest game would be Morton and SHG.
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Lincoln will be the favorite at the Morton Regional.
go cubs go!
Butler Blue
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Butler Blue »

Nice win for Morton last night over Notre Dame in the Manual Shootout. The Irish kind of imploded in the last 3+ plus minutes. They had a 9 point lead, but turned the ball over 6 or 7 times and had a technical. Morton finished the game on a 12-2 run.
crkamm
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by crkamm »

Metamora 10
Washington 17
End of 1
THE LEGEND! As crowned by Johnny Mac
Scientifically proven to be 1.84 X more intelligent than the "Officially recognized Smartest Poster on the Boards".
jmc wrote:you were advanced for your age.
crkamm
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by crkamm »

Metamora 24
Washington 22
Half
Scientifically proven to be 1.84 X more intelligent than the "Officially recognized Smartest Poster on the Boards".
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

Cristobal wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:39 am Peoria area regional Is packed with great teams. Tough wins. I will say that a Peoria area team will win the Bradley Sectionals.

The only team in the area that has a good run to super sectional is Morton. Biggest game would be Morton and SHG.
Here's how the 3A and 4A brackets broke down for Peoria area teams:

3A

Danville Sectional
-Morton: 2 seed in the sub-sectional; Host regional. First game in regionals will be February 23rd vs. Bloomington/Rantoul winner. Other match-up in regional is Champaign Centennial/Normal West. If Potters win regional, they would likely face SHG in sectional semifinal.

Bradley Sectional
-Richwoods Regional: Only 4-team regional. Both regional semis on February 23rd. Metamora vs. Richwoods. Washington vs. Central. Winner of this regional would face Rochelle regional winner (highest seed is Sterling).
-Limestone regional: East Peoria and Limestone play on February 19th. Winner faces PND. Other regional semi match-up is Galesburg/Manual. Winner of this regional would face Rock Island regional winner (Rocks are highest seed)

4A

Collinsville Sectional
-Normal Community Regional: Only 4-team regional. Pekin faces 1 seed Normal Community on February 23rd. Other regional semi match-up is Bradley-Bourbonnais/East Moline United. Winner of this regional will face Minooka regional winner (Moline is highest seed) with sectional semi played at Pekin instead of Collinsville.
crkamm
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by crkamm »

Metamora 34
Washington 29
End of 3
crkamm
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by crkamm »

Metamora 50-45

If I'm not mistaken, that guarantees Metamora at least a tie for the M.I. Championship. And eliminates Washington from contention.
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

crkamm wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:42 pm Metamora 50-45

If I'm not mistaken, that guarantees Metamora at least a tie for the M.I. Championship. And eliminates Washington from contention.
You are correct.
Despite a failed pilot program that has illustrated the flaws of postal banking, some policymakers in Washington remain determined to implement this faulty policy idea. Recent history helps show why postal banking should remain in the discard pile.
bearsfan80
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by bearsfan80 »

That was a fun game to watch tonight. Well played game by both teams. Looked like a little tension between the coaches at the end of the jv game. Sure do hate the design and atmosphere of that metamora gym!
crkamm
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by crkamm »

bearsfan80 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:35 pm That was a fun game to watch tonight. Well played game by both teams. Looked like a little tension between the coaches at the end of the jv game. Sure do hate the design and atmosphere of that metamora gym!
Only watched the varsity game on TV, didn't show the JV. But I find it extremely difficult to believe there could ever be tension at a Metamora/Washington game. :kiss

Fun wasn't the word I was thinking when the 'Birds couldn't make their FT at the end.
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

illini25 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:48 pm
crkamm wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:42 pm Metamora 50-45

You are correct.
Metamora is conference champs. Win or lose against Morton, Metamora comes out on top.
Smik
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Smik »

Metamora freshmen just wrapped up an undefeated season by beating Washington in the conference tournament final.
Butler Blue
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Butler Blue »

Smik wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:37 pm Metamora freshmen just wrapped up an undefeated season by beating Washington in the conference tournament final.
I didn't realize that there was also a freshmen conference tournament. I saw that Morton won the Sophomore tournament.
Smik
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Smik »

Sophs and Frosh tourney were on the same day.
Meta won the conference title at the Frosh, Soph and Varsity level this year.
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Apologize if these aren’t 100% accurate.

Metamora 24-6 13-1
Washington 21-7 11-3
Morton 19-10 10-4
Dunlap 15-16 6-8
Limestone. 9-19 5-9
East Peoria 15-13 5-9
Pekin 7-16 4-10
Canton 6-22 2-12
Despite a failed pilot program that has illustrated the flaws of postal banking, some policymakers in Washington remain determined to implement this faulty policy idea. Recent history helps show why postal banking should remain in the discard pile.
GoBirdsGo
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by GoBirdsGo »

Smik wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:00 pm Sophs and Frosh tourney were on the same day.
Meta won the conference title at the Frosh, Soph and Varsity level this year.
Pretty excited about the future, Boy's and Girl's Basketball.