Players to watch Big 12/Mid Illini

For the civil discussion of large school football.
TheHouse
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Players to watch Big 12/Mid Illini

Post by TheHouse »

Who are the players to watch returning players or younger guys who are gonna step up and make a name for themselves
Ripple Effect
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Re: Players to watch Big 12/Mid Illini

Post by Ripple Effect »

Washington:
Skilled:
QB Fisher 6-0 180
WR Ludolph 6-2 175
RB Walter 6-0 165
RB Schellenberg 6-1 190
Line:
OL/DL Gudet 6-8 245
OL/DL Boley 5-9 240
OL/DL Puent 6-2 230
OL/DL Mendes 6-4 235
DL Robison 6-0 200
crkamm
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by crkamm »

I'll play the part of Captain Obvious, Geno Hess.

PJStar POY is his to lose. You heard it here first.
THE LEGEND! As crowned by Johnny Mac
Scientifically proven to be 1.84 X more intelligent than the "Officially recognized Smartest Poster on the Boards".
jmc wrote:you were advanced for your age.
94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by 94 Knight »

Coran Taylor 2017 POY! Taylor and Hess for PHS Streitmatter and Dixon for PND.
TheHouse

Post by TheHouse »

94 Knight wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:05 pm Coran Taylor 2017 POY! Taylor and Hess for PHS Streitmatter and Dixon for PND.
Dixson is at Peoria High since January
94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by 94 Knight »

I thought that but he is still listed on PND's 2017 Max Preps roster that looks updated for 2017. Is Streitmater back at PND or still at RHS?
jmc
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by jmc »

I strongly doubt Streitmatter is at PND, at least not that I have heard. It was not an amicable parting. Dixson did transfer to Central for the spring trimester. I have heard he might be at MTHS this year.
Just What I Think
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by Just What I Think »

Neither are at PND. Dixson is at PHS. Streitmatter at that other school north of there.
TheHouse

Post by TheHouse »

Just what I think; is correct
TheHouse

Post by TheHouse »

Look for big plays from Klein, Crouch and from what I saw in the playoff game Shallenberger(sp?). And if Guedet unleashes his size at tackle the panthers will take the edge on most MI teams.

Although the Lions have 6,000plus yards of rushing returning in their backfield look for Coran Taylor to utilize his wr corps and show he is the full package at QB
1Football
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by 1Football »

i didn't realize that there was any negative parting words between PND and Streitmatter. He went down to IMG to train and then could not return to PND. Also, PND is not a passing team so i think they left because of that if i remember. Richwoods will be a different team this year than they have the last two but Peoria High will still be the team to beat in the Big 12.
94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by 94 Knight »

so i think they left because of that if i remember.
;)
TheHouse

Post by TheHouse »

94 Knight wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:17 am
so i think they left because of that if i remember.
;)
Makes sense. Leave and go the one team in the area who threw the ball less then PND or anyone else for that matter over the last 30 years.
Best move would have been to stay at home town school and take them to a small school state title or 2. Probably would have gotten even more offers. College coaches want kids that win, doesn't make it right but that's the way it is
deadguy35

Post by deadguy35 »

Charlie Mangieri should have a good year on both sides of the ball. He's a great athlete with good size. Isaac Guyton also looks like a great player.

Is Marques Cox ready to go? I've read that he was cleared to play last month but he's coming off a pretty serious injury. If he's healthy then he should have an impact on both sides of the ball. I noticed that he's listed as being 6'7 on the roster? Could be a Power 5 guy if he has a nice Senior season. He just got offers from Ohio and Toledo this week so hopefully he is close to 100%

Jazzton Logan and Kaevion Mack look like they could be potential D1 players as well. Allen Wren and Jason Dawson also look like great players for the Lions. Needless to say, they look like the most talented team in the area.

Didn't T'nahleg Hall (Richwoods) have an offer from Missouri? Probably no longer committable but hopefully he has a nice year and gets a D1 offer. I noticed that Streitmatter got a PWO from Illinois State. He probably needs to have a big season in order to get a D1 offer.
Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure.
TheHouse

Post by TheHouse »

deadguy35 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:03 pm Charlie Mangieri should have a good year on both sides of the ball. He's a great athlete with good size. Isaac Guyton also looks like a great player.

Is Marques Cox ready to go? I've read that he was cleared to play last month but he's coming off a pretty serious injury. If he's healthy then he should have an impact on both sides of the ball. I noticed that he's listed as being 6'7 on the roster? Could be a Power 5 guy if he has a nice Senior season. He just got offers from Ohio and Toledo this week so hopefully he is close to 100%

Jazzton Logan and Kaevion Mack look like they could be potential D1 players as well. Allen Wren and Jason Dawson also look like great players for the Lions. Needless to say, they look like the most talented team in the area.

Didn't T'nahleg Hall (Richwoods) have an offer from Missouri? Probably no longer committable but hopefully he has a nice year and gets a D1 offer. I noticed that Streitmatter got a PWO from Illinois State. He probably needs to have a big season in order to get a D1 offer.
I'd have to agree with most of what you said. Curious about the "no longer commutable" part
1Football
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by 1Football »

Yes, same is true for Geno. If he had stayed at Peoria Heights he would of or could of helped them to a state championship. I guess he thought his opportunities for a D1 scholarship where better at a bigger school. And I think Richwoods passed an average of 18-20 passes per game last year and PND avg 3-5.
BLACK CAT
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by BLACK CAT »

Panthers are poised to put up a lot of points this season. Even though they have a solid backfield, I could see them running the spread and throwing more than than the last couple of seasons. Not sure what to expect from the defense. I'm guessing they will again have quite a few two way players.
94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by 94 Knight »

Yes but Geno DID win a state title last year at PHS. Would of never of happened at Peoria Heights. Not enough depth there to win a state title.
PND went 6-3 and Richwoods went 2-7 last year including a 48-6 pounding to the Irish. Perhaps the Knights should have passed less last year. 2-7 is not "Richwoods Football". Perhaps they should go back to what they do best. Playing ball control ground and pound and solid defense. Knights have went 2-7 the last few years. Their offensive scheme isn't working.
TheHouse

Post by TheHouse »

94 Knight wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:19 am Yes but Geno DID win a state title last year at PHS. Would of never of happened at Peoria Heights. Not enough depth there to win a state title.
PND went 6-3 and Richwoods went 2-7 last year including a 48-6 pounding to the Irish. Perhaps the Knights should have passed less last year. 2-7 is not "Richwoods Football". Perhaps they should go back to what they do best. Playing ball control ground and pound and solid defense. Knights have went 2-7 the last few years. Their offensive scheme isn't working.
Mic drop
Aaron Ferguson
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Aaron Ferguson »

deadguy35 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:03 pm Is Marques Cox ready to go? I've read that he was cleared to play last month but he's coming off a pretty serious injury. If he's healthy then he should have an impact on both sides of the ball. I noticed that he's listed as being 6'7 on the roster? Could be a Power 5 guy if he has a nice Senior season. He just got offers from Ohio and Toledo this week so hopefully he is close to 100%
Hey guys.

Marques has been given a clean bill of health. I caught up with him last week and he said that he feels better than before the injury, which is a scary thought.

He currently has 14 total offers and the eight FBS offers are: Iowa State, Ohio, Toledo, Central Michigan, Northern Illinois, Ball State, Buffalo and Miami (OH).
Follow me on Twitter @Sports_Aaron
bearsfan80
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by bearsfan80 »

Any insight on Metamora? Seems pretty quiet. I know they have a qb and rb who played quite a bit last year. Any idea how the line or defense is looking? Just curious what to expect out of them this year.
deadguy35

Post by deadguy35 »

Aaron Ferguson wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:01 pm
deadguy35 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:03 pm Is Marques Cox ready to go? I've read that he was cleared to play last month but he's coming off a pretty serious injury. If he's healthy then he should have an impact on both sides of the ball. I noticed that he's listed as being 6'7 on the roster? Could be a Power 5 guy if he has a nice Senior season. He just got offers from Ohio and Toledo this week so hopefully he is close to 100%
Hey guys.

Marques has been given a clean bill of health. I caught up with him last week and he said that he feels better than before the injury, which is a scary thought.

He currently has 14 total offers and the eight FBS offers are: Iowa State, Ohio, Toledo, Central Michigan, Northern Illinois, Ball State, Buffalo and Miami (OH).

Thanks for the insight Aaron!

As an Illinois fan, I would love for him to have a great Senior season and end up joining Coran and Kendrick Green in Champaign. I know they (Illinois) want to see how he looks this year coming off of the injury as he was not healthy enough to camp at schools in June.
Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure.
cutter752
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by cutter752 »

bearsfan80 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:04 pm Any insight on Metamora? Seems pretty quiet. I know they have a qb and rb who played quite a bit last year. Any idea how the line or defense is looking? Just curious what to expect out of them this year.
The Birds will be way down this year IMO. Bleachers will be half empty (for both home games) by end of season. First two games are far away against no-interest teams. Only a couple home games this year and fan travel at all time low.....The Birds MI dominance is gone forever.
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Saw where Bloomington qb is Colton Sandage, the sharp shooting guard on their basketball team.
go cubs go!
Aaron Ferguson
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Aaron Ferguson »

deejay wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:37 pm Saw where Bloomington qb is Colton Sandage, the sharp shooting guard on their basketball team.
Yes. When I spoke with Colton at the Richwoods shootout, he explained that he thought his first scholarship offer would come in football. He currently has offers from Stetson, Southern Utah, Texas-Arlington and Air Force for basketball.
Follow me on Twitter @Sports_Aaron