Where ya headed Week 1???

For the civil discussion of large school football.
TheHouse
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Re: Where ya headed Week 1???

Post by TheHouse »

Peoria High v Normal West at Stadium
Cappy
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cappy »

GoBirdsGo II wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:46 pm I am hoping to be in Tri-Valley for a week 1 contest that will have the feel of a Quarterfinal. Decatur St. Teresa at TV. NW/Central is def. intriguing, but, not a real big fan of Central.
I would be interested in hearing how the stud RB for Saint T looks, I think he's still only a junior and I think I heard Iowa was showing interest. If he's that good I hope Lovie keeps him at home.
94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by 94 Knight »

Heading about 400 yards up the street for Normal West/Peoria High.
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

GoBirdsGo II wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:46 pm I am hoping to be in Tri-Valley for a week 1 contest that will have the feel of a Quarterfinal. Decatur St. Teresa at TV. NW/Central is def. intriguing, but, not a real big fan of Central.
What? Not wanting to make the trip up to Elgin?
Concerned
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Concerned »

Cappy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:39 pm
I would be interested in hearing how the stud RB for Saint T looks, I think he's still only a junior and I think I heard Iowa was showing interest. If he's that good I hope Lovie keeps him at home.
Illinois don't recruit Illinois running backs!!!!
Concerned
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Concerned »

At Peoria Stadium, to watch the best 1-2 tandem in the state (Geno Hess & Coran Taylor), the best line in the state, the much improved defense in the state!!!!
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

70 minutes SE of 61571
I read the back of the Book, You lose.
cutter752
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by cutter752 »

Peoria stadium to see some studs play football
BLACK CAT
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by BLACK CAT »

Will Peoria High put up 60+ a game again this season?
TheHouse

Post by TheHouse »

BLACK CAT wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:00 pm Will Peoria High put up 60+ a game again this season?
Does a one legged duck swim in circles?
Does a bear crap in the woods?
Does a cat have climbing gear?
USD24
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by USD24 »

Concerned wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:50 pm
Cappy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:39 pm
Illinois don't recruit Illinois running backs!!!!
Kendrick Foster, who will be the starting tailback, is from Richwoods. Last time I checked, that is located in Illinios
Cappy
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cappy »

Ha! A funny observation USD. The Saint T RB is Jakardia Wright and I think we'll hear of him in the future. And just because a kid plays RB in HS doesn't mean he'll be recruited for that position. Tho this may not be the right forum, who does JCA have this week and what are the prospects for this season under the new coach?
USD24
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by USD24 »

Cappy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:05 pm Ha! A funny observation USD. The Saint T RB is Jakardia Wright and I think we'll hear of him in the future. And just because a kid plays RB in HS doesn't mean he'll be recruited for that position. Tho this may not be the right forum, who does JCA have this week and what are the prospects for this season under the new coach?
JCA opens with Geneva and then Wheaton North. There is a lot of optimism in the JC camp right now. Return 9 starters on offense. Will be fast and big on the offensive side of the ball. Will still be young and next year should be the big year. Some real good young talent, especially in the skilled positions. If they can navigate the real tough ESCC, should make the playoffs. First two weeks are must wins If I had to make a prediction, I would say 6-3/7-2 and a nice playoff run in 5A.
MJ45
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by MJ45 »

BLACK CAT wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:00 pm Will Peoria High put up 60+ a game again this season?

I think people are forgetting how hard it is to score 60 points a game. They lost Green. They lost their big play receiver. They have an amazing backfield but I think they lost 3 or 4 offensive linemen. I expect them to be the best team in the area but I think that's a lot to ask
leatherneckfan
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by leatherneckfan »

Does anyone else think PND will struggle this year?
Western Illinois University grad '13
TheHouse

Post by TheHouse »

leatherneckfan wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:50 pm Does anyone else think PND will struggle this year?
Define struggle. Will they be as good as last year? No. But I still see them being competitive. 6-3 season
94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by 94 Knight »

Big 12 is a very competitive conference. I'd put PND in the middle tier.
Top tier: Peoria High, Normal Community, and Danville. Bottom Tier: Manual, Urbana, Richwoods, and Champaign Centennial.
Middle Tier: PND, Normal West, Bloomington, and Champaign Central.

I still think PND is a playoff team.
Aaron Ferguson
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Aaron Ferguson »

Not to be that guy, but 57.5 (state record) is a far cry from 60-plus.

The offense is still loaded. They will score points and probably a lot of them. We'll see if they can break their record.
Follow me on Twitter @Sports_Aaron
USD24
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by USD24 »

Just looked it up...they scored 60+ 8 times last year. That is crazy!
peoria2chicago
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by peoria2chicago »

I will be at the Bradley-Bourbonnais and Champaign Centennial game this Friday. The boilermakers are coming off two pretty hot seasons, and I expect it to be a pretty easy W for them.
bigdaddystuck
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bigdaddystuck »

Heading to Columbia to cheer on Morton. It will be interesting to see the skill players for Morton and if they can carry them to a win. I think it will come down to the line play for Morton on both sides of the ball there is a lot of new players. I also have a personal interest, my son is playing in his first game since dislocating his ankle and breaking his leg last year against East Peoria. My wife is bouncing off the walls worrying about him!
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you've got to have is faith and discipline when you're not yet a winner.
Vince Lombardi
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

bigdaddystuck wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:58 pm Heading to Columbia to cheer on Morton. It will be interesting to see the skill players for Morton and if they can carry them to a win. I think it will come down to the line play for Morton on both sides of the ball there is a lot of new players. I also have a personal interest, my son is playing in his first game since dislocating his ankle and breaking his leg last year against East Peoria. My wife is bouncing off the walls worrying about him!
Break a....oops :oops: Good Luck!!
I read the back of the Book, You lose.
young guns

Post by young guns »

bigdaddystuck wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:58 pm Heading to Columbia to cheer on Morton. It will be interesting to see the skill players for Morton and if they can carry them to a win. I think it will come down to the line play for Morton on both sides of the ball there is a lot of new players. I also have a personal interest, my son is playing in his first game since dislocating his ankle and breaking his leg last year against East Peoria. My wife is bouncing off the walls worrying about him!
Do you know if Columbia’s games are broadcast on any local radio station? Can’t make the trip but I would love listen online.
bigdaddystuck
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bigdaddystuck »

Ha O&B, I actually told him that this morning as I headed out the door. I don't think he appreciated the humor!
I am not sure if Columbia does broadcast their games. Will let you know if I find that out.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you've got to have is faith and discipline when you're not yet a winner.
Vince Lombardi
young guns

Post by young guns »

bigdaddystuck wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:58 pm I also have a personal interest, my son is playing in his first game since dislocating his ankle and breaking his leg last year against East Peoria. My wife is bouncing off the walls worrying about him!
Tell her not to worry, he's got that out of the way now. My son played football every year for 10 years, 8 years old up thru a year of college ball, and only had one broken bone....and that happened while playing baseball.