2018 football

For the civil discussion of large school football.
TheHouse
Silver Poster (250 posts)

2018 football

Post by TheHouse »

Ok since everyone in the area is officially done (congrats Dunlap on 2nd in state). What's everyone's thoughts on next season? Who's the favorite in MidIllini and Big 12? Who will be a sleeper? Who will fall from grace?
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Re: 2018 football

Post by Reggie »

Washington should be the class of the MI
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

Reggie wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:30 pm Washington should be the class of the MI
That was just about what you said about this past season last year.
http://www.pjstarforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 7&t=101751
Could you please not predict that. It doesn’t turn out well :lol:
I read the back of the Book, You lose.
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

O&B 78 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:07 pm
Reggie wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:30 pm Washington should be the class of the MI
That was just about what you said about this past season last year.
http://www.pjstarforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 7&t=101751
Could you please not predict that. It doesn’t turn out well :lol:
C’mon, now. You know that Washington was pretty young and made the semis. Dunlap loses a ton so I do not see the Panthers being challenged.

Same non-conference for the Panthers next year?
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
bigdaddystuck
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bigdaddystuck »

Washington will be the favorite in the MI and Morton should be up there as well,Dunlap will fall with all that they lose.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you've got to have is faith and discipline when you're not yet a winner.
Vince Lombardi
BLACK CAT
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by BLACK CAT »

Washington returns 8 on offense and 7 on defense. A lot of them played both sides of the ball. A loaded soph class should help provide depth, possibly allowing more platooning.
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

Reggie wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:48 pm Same non-conference for the Panthers next year?
According to the schedule yes. Next season the MI schedule is changed correct?
I read the back of the Book, You lose.
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

O&B 78 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:01 am
Reggie wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:48 pm Same non-conference for the Panthers next year?
According to the schedule yes. Next season the MI schedule is changed correct?
I thought so but if the WCHS site is right the Panther schedule looks exactly the same as this year with the locations flopped.
young guns

Post by young guns »

Don't discount Morton they have a lot returning. Donald, Crider, Grampp, Snoke, Shipley are just a few that come to mind. Plus a good sophomore group coming up.
And a coaching staff that brought them from 0-9 to a second round playoff team in just 2 years
bearsfan80
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by bearsfan80 »

Anyone think Metamora will rebound some next year? Heard they are making some changes to the offseason lifting regime. Not sure how true that is. Curious if there is any optimism heading into next year for the Birds.
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

bearsfan80 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:14 pm Anyone think Metamora will rebound some next year? Heard they are making some changes to the offseason lifting regime. Not sure how true that is. Curious if there is any optimism heading into next year for the Birds.
Realistically anywhere between 6-3 and 3-6 would not surprise me.
cutter752
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by cutter752 »

Reggie wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:17 pm
bearsfan80 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:14 pm Anyone think Metamora will rebound some next year? Heard they are making some changes to the offseason lifting regime. Not sure how true that is. Curious if there is any optimism heading into next year for the Birds.
Realistically anywhere between 6-3 and 3-6 would not surprise me.
The number of talented kids going out for football (for a variety of reasons), risk of injuries, enthusiasm and support of fans, and lots of other reasons are all contributing to the Birds football problems as they are to a lot of high school programs. Lots of other things to do for boys in the 4 yrs it takes to get thru h.s. Just seems Metamora was fortunate to maybe not be affected to some of those in the past. Who knows what the future will bring.
There is nothing better than h.s. football in the fall. I attend a game every friday during the season and have recently been seeing smaller schools compete. Love it when you can stand near the sidelines and not have to deal with administrators whose primary job is to make sure fans dont get too near the field (except for their friends and relatives).
BU1987
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by BU1987 »

While they may rebound a bit, I think longer term they will struggle to get back where they were as a top MI program. I don't know anymore than the next guy, and typically less, but with the improvements in some of the other programs, Metamora will not see as much benefit from migration that often comes via parents who want to move to utopia so little Johnny superstar can play football.
The Truth Be Told
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by The Truth Be Told »

.Here is Calpreps preseason "sneak peak" predictions for the Mid Illini. (yes Reggie I know it's calpreps) I also included last and this years state rankings for the schools. As always one needs to understand this is simply a computed formula that CP uses.

Dunlap (31) 35

Washington (66) 38

Morton (145) 89

Pekin (163) 97

Metamora (207) 146

Canton (226) 280

East Peoria (387) 420

Bartonville (440) 438